on the one hand, it sounds really cool.

OTOH, it's a bit scary. reminds me a little too much of MIT's "cyborgs" (and, since this is coming from MA, i wouldn't be surprised if there were cyborgs involved in this)... i haven't seen one myself, but i know enough people who have... basically, they're the hardcore computer geeks, associated with the MIT media labs (which gets lots and lots of money from the gov't to come up with new and cool ideas, but if you suggest a practical application, they'll look at you in horror). they basically carry laptops in their backpacks, then have a monacle screen and a virtual keyboard (sensors on the fingers that detect typing motions and tranlate that to keyboard input, even though there's no actual keyboard involved). so, they walk around typing and surfing and whatever, one eye on where they're going (or the lecture they're attending), and one eye on the tiny screen right in front of it.

brings up a mixed reaction in me. part says "cool!!" and part goes "uhm... yeah. i'll just be backing away slowly, now..." laugh

Paul

When in doubt, think about penguins. It probably won't help, but at least it'll be fun.