quote:Originally posted by VirginiaR:

quote:Originally posted by Mike M:
Virginia,

Thank you! This was the sort of discussion I was hoping to generate. I want to apologize for my 'celebrate' remark because actually one of your earlier posts that triggered it even though it was not your statement (might have been Queen of the Capes

quote:1) You love to torture your characters.
or should this be: "You torture your characters for fun." ??

but I realize that mental torture and physical torture are different and the quote could have meant either.

Nope. That was all me. [Goofy] What I meant by "torture characters for fun" was of course: Jimmy Interruptus. I think I broke the record for how many times Clark wanted to tell Lois something important and was interrupted by something/someone in Wrong Clark. By the end of that section, I was torturing my Readers as much as my characters. [Evil] Hmmmm. I don't know, or did I tie with "50 First Revelations"? (This month's FanFic of the Month selection, where Lois loses her memories over and over. VERY emotionally torturous to both of them. Of course, It's set right after Clark dumps Lois in Contact, so... [Notworthy] She keeps awaking with the memories from a month earlier, when they were in love and she's just learned CK=SM, and he keeps trying to bide by his awful decision. An EXCELLENT fic. with a happily ever after ending.)

Well you aren't done with Wrong Clark so you could make a run for it...

Mike

Create all the happiness you are able to create.
Remove all the misery you are able to remove.

Jeremy Bentham