Final Brainstorming List for Evil Writer - top ten

I'll be posting a poll to narrow these down to a top ten list, but here's what we've got so far:

You know you're an Evil Writer when...

1) You love to torture your characters.
or should this be: "You torture your characters for fun." ??

2) Plot twists and cliffhangers make you chortle with glee.
(I've changed laugh to chortle, hope nobody minds)

3) Your goal is to make your readers cry.

4) You love making your readers lose sleep while they stay up reading your latest installment.

5) Every road your characters find to true love, happiness, or even a simple kiss is filled with potholes, guided missiles, and/or mutant frogs.
(I never heard back from Iolanthe about this edit, but I hope it's okay, if long-winded)

6) Your characters slip on the obvious banana peel.

EDIT: Alt-6) Your characters tend to slip on the proverbial banana peel.

7) You exploit your hero's fatal flaw merely because it's a Tuesday.

8) Angst is your best friend.

9) You know you're an evil writer when readers suggest a) your story belongs in some other Superman-related fandom (like Smallville) or b) your story should be on some other site because it doesn't end with happily-ever-after.

(BTW, Terry, you must have missed Queenie's Bizarro WHAM Fic Challenge encouraging people kill off our favorite characters.) To keep this generic to fanfic in general, do you mind if I edit this to...

EDIT: Alt-9) When readers suggest that your story belongs in some other (darker) fandom because it doesn't end with a happily-ever-after.

10) Your story's villains make the Axis of Evil look like a teddy bear picnic.

11) You hear a maniacal cackling whenever you're writing, and realize it's coming from you.

12) You find yourself constantly using multiple content warnings. In the same story.

13) Your idea of making something suitable for all ages is to take out the 3rd torture scene, the gorier death scene, and that scene with the jello.

14) People who read your fan-fiction ask why you clearly hate the show so much.

15) Your fics are not assigned a rating since the mods feel your by-line is warning enough.

16) Your favorite kind of feedback is the kind where the readers threaten you and/or cry.

17) We have to keep reminding people that Evil Writers aren't evil in Real Life, only in fiction.

If I could get final feedback on these nominations, in regards to tightening them up and grammar checks, I'd appreciate it. Also, please let me know if I've missed any. Thanks!

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.