quote:Originally posted by Mike M:
Virginia,

Thank you! This was the sort of discussion I was hoping to generate. I want to apologize for my 'celebrate' remark because actually one of your earlier posts that triggered it even though it was not your statement (might have been Queen of the Capes

quote:1) You love to torture your characters.
or should this be: "You torture your characters for fun." ??

but I realize that mental torture and physical torture are different and the quote could have meant either.

Nope. That was all me. [Goofy] What I meant by "torture characters for fun" was of course: Jimmy Interruptus. I think I broke the record for how many times Clark wanted to tell Lois something important and was interrupted by something/someone in Wrong Clark. By the end of that section, I was torturing my Readers as much as my characters. [Evil] Hmmmm. I don't know, or did I tie with "50 First Revelations"? (This month's FanFic of the Month selection, where Lois loses her memories over and over. VERY emotionally torturous to both of them. Of course, It's set right after Clark dumps Lois in Contact, so... [Notworthy] She keeps awaking with the memories from a month earlier, when they were in love and she's just learned CK=SM, and he keeps trying to bide by his awful decision. An EXCELLENT fic. with a happily ever after ending.)

quote:Anyway, I love your writing and stories and don't consider you really an 'evil' writer. Whoops, forget I just said that [Smile]

What? Me forget? Never! -

quote:Darth Michael wrote:
What did you do! Never *ever* encourage an EW. They will torture us readers if you tell them that it's not yet torture.

LOIS: [Razz] Does that mean that I'll now *never* going to get nookie with Clark? [Mad]
LEX: [Wave]

/Checks her tool belt for a screwdriver to tighten upcoming screws./ [Thumbsup]

quote:Originally posted by Morgana:
StopQuitDont wrote another story, On the Other Hand that was going along well until Lois was raped by one student and eventually Clark stepped up and married her. The entire story made a steady plunge into the ridiculous and I could not finish it. I have never been able to read anything else by the author. The rape was just a plot device.

I would have appreciated a warning.

Oh, SQD has some great WAFFY stories too. Blame it on the Mistletoe and Ice Cream Cone for example. (Psst. SQD, I don't think you've sent this one on to Labby at the Archives, yet.) She can get very dark, though. "Double Jeopardy" is all about Lois recovering from a violent WHAMy marriage to Lex, Mike and Morgana, so I don't doubt either of you would appreciate this drama.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.