I have to agree with Mike M on this point, I come to this site to escape from RL, not to have it shoved in my face.

quote: I am developing little tolerance for the rape issue even if it is paramount to the story. It is one of the reasons I have never read Broken (sorry). I read What Makes a Man by StopQuitDont (who I normally love) and I could not wait to get that story out of my head. I can read them but I feel empty/dirty at the end. I just recently did read In A Dark Time by Becky Bain and while I found the story worth the read I still did not feel good upon the end even though she (Becky) made a huge effort to get to end on an up note. I tend to agree with the great Nan Smith that she reads these stories to escape and the feel good at the end. I feel the same way so I try to make it a policy to avoid them if at all possible.

StopQuitDont wrote another story, On the Other Hand that was going along well until Lois was raped by one student and eventually Clark stepped up and married her. The entire story made a steady plunge into the ridiculous and I could not finish it. I have never been able to read anything else by the author. The rape was just a plot device.

I would have appreciated a warning.

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.