the obvious one:

superman: this town ain't big enough for two super-powered guys in capes. i ran resplendant man out of town, and i'm all set for you, too, partner.

---

the other obvious one:

lois: wow, two supermen! i want the one on the right! no, wait! the one on the left! oh, who am i kidding? can i have them both?

---

the slightly less obvious one:

superman: so, barry, are you sure you're all set?

barry: yeah, sure. no problem. standard appearance. sure, it'll be on national TV, but i've done big crowds before.

superman: uh-huh. well, i'm counting on you, barry. no one, least of all diana stride, can suspect it's not me. so, no gum, and watch the accent!

barry: yeah, yeah...

lois, thinking: i don't know what's going on here, but this has got to be a big story!

---

hey! what are you doing here?

what do you mean? HG wells told me i needed to come back to the old west so i could fight tepus tex.

what? that can't be right! HG wells told me that i needed to come here to fight tempus tex!

but you're from another universe, aren't you?

no, i don't think so...

well the note that i got didn't say anything about a different universe...

you got a note, too?

yeah...

uh-oh. how can we be sure those notes were from wells and not tempus?

you mean...

what if he's back in metropolis now, and we're stranded here?

oh no! we'll have to find a way to contact someone... maybe mail a letter to lois, to be delivered in 1996? it worked in "back to the future..."

uhm, supermen... that's not going to work...

lois! what are you doing here?

well, i saw you about to go without me, and i kind of... tagged along.

oh, great. now what?

well, it looks like we've got a long wait ahead of us. anyone for a sasperilla?

---

When in doubt, think about penguins. It probably won't help, but at least it'll be fun.