Originally posted by John Lambert:
I liked Lucy at the beginning of S1 and am not quite sure why they got rid of her, except to make Lois more of a loner.
I don't think it was even that. My guess is they decided to cut back on the core cast, or they just couldn't think of more ways to keep incorporating Lucy.
Yes, you're probably right, but they could have kept her on a recurring character like Eduardo.

EW: Do you mean Phil, Henderson, or Perry?
JOHN: I meant Henderson, and forgot about Perry. I figure Clark does realize that Phil knows.
Yes, Clark knows about Phil.

EW: Mostly, they happened off page.

JOHN: I was thinking they also all happened post Honeymoon suite, but on further reflection I remembered there were earlier ones. Maybe even a lot just after she got shot. Getting shot by Luthor is the main key to this Lois and Clark having grown close together faster than canon Lois and Clark. Although there are other major keys as well.
Actually it started after she was shot. She discovered that Clark wasn't sleeping well (mostly because he was staking out her apartment, making sure she stayed safe), so she insisted that they talk at bedtime every night. It progressed from there.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.