Lane had practically kissed him on international television before he took off to endanger Earth by blowing up Nightfall Major.
I am not at all surprised that Drake is weak minded enough to blame Superman.

Mayson wouldn’t be surprised if Ms. Lane didn’t do a striptease by her windows every night, hoping to catch his attention.
Lois:Maybe if I had tried this earlier, things would have progressed more.

“I don’t!” Ms. Lane repeated, most likely due to Mayson’s skeptical expression.
Lois:I only prance naked where only Chuck will see me.

“Lex hired on my behalf,” Ms. Lane corrected.
Lois:Without even having the decency to consult with me on it, or consider that I had cearly indicated I hated that lawyer.

“And no. I know that it would be a breach of your ethics to recommend a lawyer to an innocent man railroaded by a billionaire and his crooked cronies in the Metropolis Police Department to take the fall for a crime he didn’t commit,
I love how Lois sets up a situation where Drake has to agree her ethics include sending people to jail for crimes others committed.

“Exactly,” Mayson said with a nod of her head.
Yes, Mayson just agreed Jimmy is innocent.

“Lex gave me a prenup he wants me to sign. I want to make sure there isn’t anything in here, stating I’ll have to pay Lex back for this impromptu wedding he’s arranging should I leave him at the altar.
I don't think that would be possible, but I could see Luthor trying it.

“Let me give you a practical piece of advice. A prenuptial agreement does not go into effect until the two parties are actually wed.
So Lois does not have to worry about it every applying.

John Pack Lambert