Yeah. Right,” he scoffed.
Probably it was someone else posing as her. Which is why phone authorizations are generally not allowed.

There was soft knock on her door and she wondered if Erica had noticed that Lois had returned.
I think "was a soft knock" would flow better.

Lois couldn’t help herself. She buried her face in her hands and began to weep. Her mother was dead, and it was her fault. She was the worst daughter. Ever.
What? You killed off Ellen. This is horrible.

“So, the tabloids have learned that your mother went into rehab and broadcasted it over the wire,” he said.
The real reason she should never have gotten engaged to Luthor. It destroyed her having any chance of a personal life.

“I’m sure this will blow over in a week or two. Superman will be named as father to some love child and knock this…”
Lois:I would never do that to him, and he would never do that with anyone else.

One of the receptionists at one of the clinics she had called that morning most likely phoned the Dirt Digger to let them know that Lex Luthor’s fiancée was searching for her mother in rehab clinics.
Which means it is Luthor's fault, because he is the one who sent her on a wild goose chase instead of telling her the truth.

Nothing better than scandal linked to high profile society wedding to sell papers.
I think "better than a scandal lined to a high profile society" would flow better.

Her responding glare was so icy cold that he actually clutched his chest as he stumbled backwards in his retreat. “So, no?”
To bad she didn't give the "in You Face" guy an equally strong stare in SL&V.

Randy Goode had better have a good life insurance policy. She had a strange feeling that he was going to need it.
No, only Mrs. Goode needs the policy.

Samantha: I had better get a ring from Mr. Goode before things get bad for him. I hope he does no mind that I faked the picture of Mrs. Lane at the clinic.

John Pack Lambert