Lex hadn’t wanted to eat any of that pedestrian Americanized Chinese food, but Lois was cultured enough of a person not to know how to cook.
Only someone as truly condescending and prideful as Luthor would see being unable to cook as "cultured".

The smile he received for his efforts was well worth the sacrifice
Gag at Lois smiling at Luthor. This is so sickening.

It was to his pleasure, and his pleasure alone or possibly their joint pleasure, which should occupy her thoughts.
After reading through this sentence several times, I realized it would sound a lot better as "It was his pleasure ...", I don't think the to works there.

She should take a page from his notebook and merely not have any, or not to claim to, in any case.
I think "or not claim to" would sound better here.

That ended with her family. He had already separated her from her friends.
I'm so glad he is wrong on this point.

However, should she discover that Lex was unfaithful, or mentally or physically abusive,
What is she discovers he's all 3. On the other hand, does it count if she knows of the mistress before the wedding?

reassurances that he wouldn’t hurt her.
Total lies like everything Luthor says.

Lex might even make sure she was dead first.
It took two readings to realize he was toying with the idea of burying her alive.

But for their marriage to be a long, happy, and prosperous one, as they both wished it to be,
Hah, he is so long.

Superman, though, was still flying in the skies over Metropolis
Yes, happy dance.

Superman seemed to be keeping his distance from Lex’s fiancée.
Hah, if he only knew.

no one would miss him or even suspect foul play.
Sounds like Luthor needs to go to his house for the mentally unstable if he believes this rubbish.

John Pack Lambert