John: It's always great to be greeted with a hyper Good to hear.

“You do know that this means, if we sit down, I’ll have to sit in Clark’s lap,” Lois complained.
Clark:I guess I better sit down.
laugh

I was so hoping Lois would end up in Clark's lap.
Give them time.

Lois:But Clark is so much better at it. Anyway, he knows my body more intimately so he knows where to protect. I mean, he has more experience protecting me, from Sebastian Finn, for example. He saved my life twice, in one day.
CLARK: I may be better at shielding you, but Luthor would be better at accepting the bullets into his body.

More like overly possessive, treating her as a possession.
LOIS: Either way, it's not welcome.

Fuentes:So Lois here is Luthor's girlfriend. She is worth more than I thought.

Lois: Lex, now look what you've done.
Well, in canon Fuentes DID end up taking Lois as his sole hostage.

Lois:What part of machine guns do you not understand. In the battle of the Somme, one machine gunner took our 100 attacking British soldiers in some cases. There is a reason Kitchner's army is said to have died in an afternoon.

Clark:Why didn't they move the tanks in first.

Lois:Tanks would not be put into production until the next year.

Clark:But didn't Churchill get them into full production during the Boer War.

Lois:Churchill was a reporter in the Boer War, he did not enter the government until 1911.

Clark: dizzy so they did charges against machine guns without tanks. No wonder your dimension had such a high death rate in World War I.
LEX: What does any of that have to do with our hostage situation? Lois, reach into my pocket and withdraw a couple thousand dollars to bribe them with.
LOIS: Not even in your dreams.

Clark:So, Lois, why did you do something that might have caused him to go crazy?
LOIS: Because like some hero we know, I act before thinking.

How is she not seeing Cat and Bill? At first I thought it was because they were only seeable by x-ray vision, but if that was the case then they would have had to admit to each other that they know. Plus, how would they see Clark's actions.
They are only visible if one is looking at the stairwell exit behind the snack area (the door Lex tried to escape out of). If she doesn't look there, and concentrate hard, she won't see them.

Lois:We should have had Clark look for it earlier.
CLARK: Me? How would I have found Dragonetti's vault?

After what he has done to other crooks, would anyone deal?
Maybe they only know of Lex's softer, gentler side.

If he is dead, she can print it without as many sources, the dead can't sue for libel (OK, maybe their estates can, but still).
LOIS: But I want to see the worm squirm!

Actually, if the guy just died I think it is about as prize winning. Now, an expose of someone dead 50 years would be another story.
LOIS: But I get to risk my neck more if he's still alive. It shows everyone else what a terrific investigative reporter I am. If I'm just looking through some dead guy's files, how boring is that? See, not anywhere near as impressive.
CLARK: [Linked Image]

Considering what really happened, she should have zero compassion for him.
But she doesn't know that.

Yes, but he thinks he has driven a wedge between her and Clark, or that Cat has.
CAT: See how useful I am?
LOIS: No.

Why did he let the fish live?
laugh
LEX: What kind of sicko do you think I am?

Lois:Especially after you shot me. You don't even do rescues right Lex.
LEX: It was an accident!
LOIS: Yeah. Yeah. We've all heard that one before. Maybe Fuentes shot you by accident, too.

That would require his underlings to want him to live.
Or they could use him to access all of his accounts.

On the other hand, just because the kidnappers recognize Lois does not mean they recognize anyone else.

Jimbo:I am sure they don't recognize me.
I'm sure they don't, either.
LOIS: I'm an undercover reporter! Nobody is supposed to recognize me.
This is another reason it never made sense to me that Lois would date and/or marry Lex. How could she continue her career if she was constantly being photographed with Lex for the society pages?

Clark:Lois, you want me to talk about super-hearing with Luthor here. Really?
LOIS: We're handcuffed together. You could've whispered it in my ear.
CLARK: And have you exclaim aloud "You're Superman!?"
LOIS: I wouldn't have done that.
CLARK: Uh-huh.
LOIS: I wouldn't have, because I already knew.
CLARK: What?!
LOIS: laugh

Well, Lois, one reason is that you never told him CK=SM. although that is in large part his fault for being a lunkhead and not going to Kansas this weekend.
LOIS: It isn't MY job to reveal HIS secrets to me. If Clark really Loved me, he would tell me.
CLARK: I can't win, can I?
EW: Not anymore, flyboy.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.