“Superman can hypnotize us to make us forget,” Lois announced.

“What? No! No, he can’t, Lois,” Clark insisted.
rotflol

“What would occupy our thoughts from this?” Jimbo asked, lifting up his and Jimmy joined wrists. “How, exactly, could our minds be distracted enough by something else? Wait? Superman would have to touch us for this mind wipe act to work? How?”
Maybe a kiss? sloppy

“Lois, this isn’t going to happen, so why don’t we stop hypothesizing what we would tell the terrorists if Superman agreed to your crazy plan?” Clark suggested. “Because he’s not going to agree to this.”
Lois: You sound pretty sure of that, Clark. How do you know what Superman would agree to?
Clark: ...

I find it odd that Lois keeps arguing with Clark about what Superman would or wouldn't do. I guess she's trying to persuade him, but she knows that Clark is the expert on what Superman would do. Wouldn't a persuasive argument in favor of Superman negotiating work better to sway him than a "yes he would", "no he wouldn't" type childish argument?

“’Cause it sounds as if you’re suggesting we tell the terrorists that Superman can hypnotize people by kissing them,” Jimbo said, throwing up his hands. “And, frankly, if that’s the case, I choose ‘death’.”
Jimmy for the win!

“Count me in,” Clark said. “I’d rather die too.”
How, exactly, was Lois expecting Superman to "hypnotize" Clark in front of the terrorists? I get that she's thinking outside of the box or whatever, but she really hasn't thought this through. And she seems to think that telling Clark that she believes that Superman will save them is actually encouraging him. From his perspective, I think she comes off sounding like a groupie fangirl. What she's saying might be encouraging if he knew that she knew, but even then he might feel like she's putting all the responsibility for saving them on him when he's already stressed about it enough.

So who got shot? The police? One of the gunmen? Willie? And how much did Clark convey with his cat/dog code besides the fact that Cat and Bill know what's going on? And did any of them who caught on wonder how he knows this?

"It is a remarkable dichotomy. In many ways, Clark is the most human of us all. Then...he shoots fire from the skies, and it is difficult not to think of him as a god. And how fortunate we all are that it does not occur to him." -Batman (in Superman/Batman #3 by Jeph Loeb)