She felt vulnerable because of them and vulnerable without them.
Well, we will get beyond them eventually, maybe. Although no time soon at the speed this story is going.

“If Superman captured the gunmen, then how are they going to open Dragonetti’s vault?” Jimmy asked.
But he left the gunmen behind, can't Remi and Fuentes just release the others?

“And if they can’t get the vault open, what are they going to do with us? We’ve seen their faces.”
It just speeds up the time of decision. Also, if they really took saw our faces=must die as a motto, they would have killed already.

“Which one of you contacted Superman?”
Havn't they heard of superhearing and x-ray vision. And nighttime patrols. No need to contact him.

“How in the hell could we have accomplished that?” Lois asked dryly.
Well, to be fair, Lois you are in contact with him. Not the most you have ever been, but pretty close.

“We’re handcuffed together,
Interesting, she could be seen do have said "how would I contact Superman? Were handcuffed together".

some of us more so than others,
Clark:Isn't it wonderful.

we have no phone service, and you shut down our computer system so we can’t even send out e-mails.”
Fuentes:But you can still scream Miss Lane, and that is how you normally contact him.

“Superman e-mails?” Jimbo asked, sounding very impressed.
Lois:Yes, and he understands it a lot more than I do.

“No,” Lois groaned. “He’s faster than any e-mail message.”
She knows from personal experience.

“Lois,” Clark cautioned, tightening his hold of her once more.
clark:Don't tell them about what happened at the hospital.

“What my partner is trying so eloquently to say is: none of us have spoken to anyone but you all evening.”
This is actually true. Making hand gestures does not count as speaking.

“Then how did he find out about us?” Fuentes asked. “Did you signal to him out the window? Wave to him as he flew by?”
Clark:Maybe it wasn't Superman.

Lois scoffed. “No.”
Lois:OK, I did do some hand motions to him, but they were much closer than through a window.

“It’s a preposterous idea. He probably flew by and something caught his attention, something like you shooting Lex. Superman has pretty good hearing.”
Clark:If I hadn't been here doing my taxes, I probably could have saved Lois.

“Hush,” Clark murmured into her ear.
dance more closeness.

“Did you find it? Dragonetti’s vault?” Jimmy asked.
Should he really admit he knows what they are after?

“I’ll double the money in that safe if you release us unharmed,” Lex offered.
But why not just shot him and take the payoff from Intergang?

‘From what he’s heard?’ What did this Fuentes guy know about Lex’s bad dealings?
dance Lois is paying attention to clues for once.

And why hadn’t any of her sources said one word to her about these rumors?
What's the use, she is dating the man. More likely to turn on them than listen to them.

Yes, definitely time for some new sources.
dance we will soon meet Bobby Bigmouth. He and Dr. Klein both really don't show up in that many episodes, but get mentioned more. For example we never see BB in "Individual Responsibility", but he is the one who tells them about Newtrich.

“Luckily, all’s not lost. I still have my back-up plan,” Fuentes went on, lifting up his jacket and displaying his bomb.
This always make him seem more crazy than anything. What can he get from having his dirty bomb.

“Since Superman does have such super hearing, I hope he hears this.
Lois:He's already heard about your bomb.

I’m going to bring that equipment upstairs, while Remy watches you. If any of you flinch, she’ll shoot. If she sees a hint of red cape, she’ll shoot all the hostages.
Lois:I am so glad Clark has learned to keep his suit hidden.

If Superman interferes in any way, shape, or kind with me getting that money, I’ll detonate the bomb and goodbye Metropolis. Got it?”
This makes it sound like he may have larger goals. This seems to crazy just for money.

John Pack Lambert