“No,” the leader said. “Since they like to walk around, let’s make her his human shield. It will stop either of them from doing anything else stupid, if it puts his girlfriend at risk.”
I think they *don’t* know them, after all.

“You do know that this means, if we sit down, I’ll have to sit in Clark’s lap,” Lois complained.
CLARK: eek That’s torture!
LOIS: Such torture. [Linked Image] /makes note to wiggle a bit when sitting down/

“How exactly is that woman supposed to ‘shoot to kill us if we do anything’ and ‘go down and help’ at the same time?” Jimbo questioned.
[Linked Image]

Not that Lex deserved to have his life spared, but if he had died, how in the hell
Would she get her Pulitzer?

would he be alive for her to reveal on the front page what an underhanded, deceitful, scoundrel Lex really was?
laugh

She knew she should feel more compassion towards Lex as she had when she discovered he had been sick in bed all last weekend.
[Linked Image]

Was he trying to murder everything she loved?
Hobby? Maybe he could manage to get her mother into a sanatorium after she drinks herself into such a stupor that she becomes vegetative. He turn her sister first into a stripper and LFI-start and then into a hard drug addict who’s turning tricks. And her father, he could get both his legs broken in multiple places when he runs out of money and can’t pay back some depts?

What would be next? Her fish?
[Linked Image]

Something must be up. She wished he would share what it was that he saw, but knew he must be keeping quiet for a reason.
Well. If you consider the first sentence and that he’s watching Cat, maybe he is sharing with Lois?

If someone had Kryptonite, she was going to get seriously mad.
laugh Well, the bomb does contain radioactive materials and plutonium is hard to come by…

Lois, being strapped to his chest, sat down in his lap. “Don’t try anything funny,” she warned.
Not unless she’s tickling his funny bone.

“How in the hell could we have accomplished that?” Lois asked dryly. “We’re handcuffed together, some of us more so than others, we have no phone service, and you shut down our computer system so we can’t even send out e-mails.”
Well, Jason always suspected telepathy.

“What my partner is trying so eloquently to say is: none of us have spoken to anyone but you all evening.”
That’s technically true. He should have become a lawyer.

“Sorry, I just pictured myself waving a handkerchief out the window as he flew by, saying ‘Oh, Superman!’ as if I were some damsel in distress from a castle turret,” Lois explained, raising her voice into that baby doll fake voice she used whenever she was pretending to be herself.
laugh

“I’ll double the money in that safe if you release us unharmed,” Lex offered.
But he’s already been harmed, so…

‘From what he’s heard?’ What did this Fuentes guy know about Lex’s bad dealings?
Buh, every crook from Capitol Hill to Boston’s Crane, Pool, and Schmidt know about his dealings.

She really needed to contact Louie about helping her find some new guys.
She could take out an ad in the classifieds section?

She needed a source who really knew stuff and how to get it if he didn’t.
LOUIE: Yeah, I know he looks skinny, but he’ll eat the hair off your head if you don’t watch out.

“No!” Clark said adamantly, sitting up straighter. “You heard what he said they would do if Superman showed up.”
He said, ‘red cape’. Maybe if Superman showed up naked and showed Remy a really good time?

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.