The leader pushed against Clark’s back sending them both stumbling across the conference room. Thankfully, Clark’s balance kept them on their feet.
frown I was so hoping Lois would end up in Clark's lap.

Lex stood up. “This is unacceptable. I am Lois’s date for the evening.
Lois:Only because I need to expose you as the crook you are.

That man is merely her co-worker, her partner.
Clark:Partner sounds more permanent and connected than "date for the evening".

If anyone needs to be her shield, it should be me!”
Lois:But Clark is so much better at it. Anyway, he knows my body more intimately so he knows where to protect. I mean, he has more experience protecting me, from Sebastian Finn, for example. He saved my life twice, in one day.

Lois shot Lex a ‘shut up’ glare for his gallant, yet jealous,
More like overly possessive, treating her as a possession.

effort at the same time Perry tugged at his cuff mate’s elbow to make him sit back down.
Fuentes:So Lois here is Luthor's girlfriend. She is worth more than I thought.

Lois:Lex, now look what you've done.

“How exactly is that woman supposed to ‘shoot to kill us if we do anything’ and ‘go down and help’ at the same time?” Jimbo questioned.
Lois:Shh, if they hear you they might realize their plan is flawed.

“This is our chance,” Jimmy said, leaning forward. “There are six of us; I say we make a break for it.
Lois:What part of machine guns do you not understand. In the battle of the Somme, one machine gunner took our 100 attacking British soldiers in some cases. There is a reason Kitchner's army is said to have died in an afternoon.

Clark:Why didn't they move the tanks in first.

Lois:Tanks would not be put into production until the next year.

Clark:But didn't Churchill get them into full production during the Boer War.

Lois:Churchill was a reporter in the Boer War, he did not enter the government until 1911.

Clark: hyper more closeness.

She tossed a wadded up ball of paper across the room at Perry and Lex, since she couldn’t examine it in her current predicament.
So that is what the paper is.

“Just a minute,” Clark murmured.
How is she not seeing Cat and Bill? At first I thought it was because they were only seeable by x-ray vision, but if that was the case then they would have had to admit to each other that they know. Plus, how would they see Clark's actions.

“Do you think Dragonetti’s vault is still in the building?” Lois asked,
Lois:We should have had Clark look for it earlier.

“Now that I know it’s money they want, all I’ll need is five minutes alone with these thieves, and I’ll make a deal to buy our freedom.”
After what he has done to other crooks, would anyone deal?

Not that Lex deserved to have his life spared, but if he had died, how in the hell would he be alive for her to reveal on the front page what an underhanded, deceitful, scoundrel Lex really was?
If he is dead, she can print it without as many sources, the dead can't sue for libel (OK, maybe their estates can, but still).

Oh, sure, she guessed it was possible to do an exposé on a dead man, but it wasn’t nearly as fulfilling as being the one who sent him off to jail.
guess she has a point there. To get justice, Lex needs to be tried. That would be a fun story, Lois and Clark and Superman as witnesses in LEx's trial.

Nor was it as prize winning.
Actually, if the guy just died I think it is about as prize winning. Now, an expose of someone dead 50 years would be another story.

She knew she should feel more compassion towards Lex as she had when she discovered he had been sick in bed all last weekend.
Considering what really happened, she should have zero compassion for him.

The compassion was still there, but she refused to waste it on this slimy excuse for a human being,
Especially because he is the one depriving her of having her way with Clark.

especially since she had learned that on top of trying to kill Clark,
Repeatedly no less.

Lex was now plotting to destroy the Daily Planet.
hyper Lois sees the truth of what is up.

Was he trying to murder everything she loved?
Yes, but he thinks he has driven a wedge between her and Clark, or that Cat has.

What would be next? Her fish?
Why did he let the fish live?

“They have no reason to trust you, Lex,” Perry admonished him.
Lois:Especially after you shot me. You don't even do rescues right Lex.

“Once they learn who you are, as Jimmy suggested earlier, they’ll use you to steal your fortune.”
That would require his underlings to want him to live.

On the other hand, just because the kidnappers recognize Lois does not mean they recognize anyone else.

Jimbo:I am sure they don't recognize me.

She was about to ask what he was doing but then figured he must be concentrating on something with his x-ray vision or super hearing or whatnot, and it was best not to disturb him.
Clark:I am just reading lips.

Lois:Whose?

Clark:Cat's

Lois:Well, as long as you aren't touching them.

He had better not keep her in the dark once he was done, though.
Clark:Lois, you want me to talk about super-hearing with Luthor here. Really?

Something must be up. She wished he would share what it was that he saw, but knew he must be keeping quiet for a reason.
Well, Lois, one reason is that you never told him CK=SM. although that is in large part his fault for being a lunkhead and not going to Kansas this weekend.

John Pack Lambert