Thanks to everyone who's still reading. My apologies that this response is so late.

KatherineKent: Thank you for reading.
Loved it. Especially Lois' awesome idea about Superman hypnotizing people by kissing them. If I wasn't reading at work I would be LOL.
I wasn't sure if that conversation worked and told my Betas that they had to approve it before I included it in. Luckily, they approved. smile1

mrsMxyzptlk: Thank you for long FDK. wave

Maybe a kiss?
Yes. I *did* go there.

Lois: You sound pretty sure of that, Clark. How do you know what Superman would agree to?
Clark: ...
CLARK: Well, Superman is a man like I'm a man, so I'm sure he wouldn't agree to anything I wouldn't agree to.
LOIS: Uh-huh.

I find it odd that Lois keeps arguing with Clark about what Superman would or wouldn't do. I guess she's trying to persuade him, but she knows that Clark is the expert on what Superman would do. Wouldn't a persuasive argument in favor of Superman negotiating work better to sway him than a "yes he would", "no he wouldn't" type childish argument?
She's working on persuasive but when you have two stubborn people arguing, they often sound like children.

Jimmy for the win!
Well, he stated aloud what the others saw coming and were hoping to avoid. wink

How, exactly, was Lois expecting Superman to "hypnotize" Clark in front of the terrorists? I get that she's thinking outside of the box or whatever, but she really hasn't thought this through. And she seems to think that telling Clark that she believes that Superman will save them is actually encouraging him. From his perspective, I think she comes off sounding like a groupie fangirl. What she's saying might be encouraging if he knew that she knew, but even then he might feel like she's putting all the responsibility for saving them on him when he's already stressed about it enough.
Yes, she's trying to prop him up by saying she believes in him, which doesn't quite work when he doesn't know that the "him" she believes in is ALL of him. Her idea was to have Clark go to the roof and "contact" Superman, therefore they wouldn't have to be in the room at the same time. As she said, she was just spit-balling ideas.

So who got shot? The police? One of the gunmen? Willie?
cool

And how much did Clark convey with his cat/dog code besides the fact that Cat and Bill know what's going on? And did any of them who caught on wonder how he knows this?
Lex-C is kind of out of the loop on this one, not really knowing Cat or Henderson. Many things pass over the heads of the Jimmys. Perry knew Clark was concentrating on something out in the newsroom, so even if he didn't know CK=SM he would realize that Clark was up to something.

Originally posted by John Lambert:
Fuentes: What type of idiot brakes into a place without learning about everyone there first?
Doing his homework before storming the building doesn't mean he will necessarily recognize any given employee on sight. I wonder whether Willie told him who was there.
If Willie and Fuentes communicated about the hostages via walkie-talkie wouldn't Clark have overheard it? Willie may have said something before they went up on the elevator, which is why they arrived with guns drawn.

Another question comes to mind: who was Lois trying to email? You can't just send an email without a recipient.
I've always wondered this myself. Maybe she sent it to all staff. huh Also how could she send the e-mail if she knew the system was down?

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.