“Give her time, Clark. She’s… the winds of change have her riled up,
Oh dear. She didn’t even look that old.
DOC KLEIN: They couldn’t have told me that *before* I did the analysis on Superman’s fertility?

She paused to drop herself into Clark’s lap as that new mousey researcher passed by Clark’s desk to drop off a file. If Cat was going to be cover for Lois and Clark’s platonic relationship, she might as well reap some of the benefits. She wrapped her arms casually around his neck.
Awww… does that mean Lex will now know that Clark’s already otherwise engaged? Or will he know and tell Lois at an opportune moment, e.g. when she already had too much liquor during their Thursday Night dinner and is feeling down.

“She’s just using her feminine wiles to get information from him,” Cat said,
LINDA: I do that, too. I particularly enjoy getting the information out of hot studs.

“Cat, I’d appreciate it if you wouldn’t treat me as your personal boy-toy at work,” Clark said, giving her a sharp look.
Why? Lois got an exclusive on that?
CAT: You mean, I get to use you as a boy-toy in private?

“Trust me, Clark. If there were anything worth telling, you’d be the first I’d brag to… Well, second, after Perry.”
Awww…she’s just like a less-dressed version of Lois.

– the LoLex watch with the tracer hidden inside
Lois told Cat about that?

he actually gave Cat a lift, much to the chagrin of the now-Mrs. Chow, as if there could ever be love there.
In case he needed a fallback?

and the only piece of jewelry she would have kept had been her sister’s silver Gucci watch.
/squints eyes/

Of course, if Lex really had anything directly to do with Monique’s death, it would be stupid of him to leave a watch he gave her with the body.
Nah, she could have bought it anywhere and the NIA could have bugged it after Monique had shacked up with Superman.

Next up, Miranda’s estate.
Cat’s going through a lot of dead women.

“Superman and Clark Kent are one and the same”, or whatever better words Superman would say to reveal this truth to Lois, with “now, if you’ll excuse me, I have a date with Linda King”?
You think Lois would be mad about that and do something rash if she didn’t already know about that?
LOIS: No, why would I. But now that I know, I’d go and retrieve my watch from police evidence lockup and have a talk with Clark. Me, the watch, and a tire iron.

or some federal agent
Maybe we could try that next?
[Linked Image]

, or even an accountant.
blush I totally missed this.
ABBY: You keep your bony fingers off Mark. First that tiara-wearing slut, now a *reporter* (as we’ve learned later in the part, that’s synonymous with ‘whore’). What is it with you people?

Lois sighed and leaned against a large air conditioner unit. “Yes… Well…” She rubbed her bare wrist, and he noted to his delight that the LoLex watch was visibly absent.
Duh. She’s got to travel out of country. But is it possible that Lex coated the wristband with some addictive drug and Lois gets uncomfortable whenever she removes the watch?

“The truth is, Superman,” she said. Her gaze shifted up from the spot on her wrist she had been rubbing to focus on his eyes. “Someone has played you for a fool.”
SUPERMAN: Duh! She’s been fooling around with multiple Luthors.

“Someone wanted me to destroy the Earth?” he finally asked, his voice rough.
LEX: [Linked Image]

“How much time do I have?”

“Pardon?”

“Until your article comes out, Lois,” he pressed on, his shoulders rounding in dread.
wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.