Clark’s brow furrowed with confusion, which faded as he seemed to decide to ignore the reference he evidently didn’t catch.
I have to admit I did not catch the reference either.

“Yeah. A bit. You know that thing I do when I talk to Lois, where, for no conceivable reason, I stick my foot into my mouth?”
He should have just agreed to the dinner with her. Here he has been complaining over and over again at not getting to date her, and when she gives him a chance he turns it down.

“Well, just a moment ago, she was practically crawling across my desk towards me…”
He really is a lunkhead. He should put her above his investigation of the Met Star.

“The next moment, she’s screaming at me to get a job at the Met Star.”
He should never have gone out with Linda. There is way too much bad blood there.

Cat sat back up. She and Clark were friends, and would only ever be friends, but still it would be nice if he noticed she was female every once in a grand while.
I am glad Clark does so good at resisting Cat at all levels.

So did Cat follow Lois to the restaurant, and get the inside scoop on Luthor spending the weekend in bed?

“Come on, Clark. Do you really believe that she would choose him over her journalistic integrity?
Clark:She did take the watch.

Over you? We both know he’s a…” She paused to drop herself into Clark’s lap as that new mousey researcher passed by Clark’s desk to drop off a file.
Maybe that is why Luthor thinks something is going on between Cat and Calrk.

If Cat was going to be cover for Lois and Clark’s platonic relationship, she might as well reap some of the benefits.
I thought bringing Cat into this was unwise.

“We know that, Cat,” Clark grumbled, not even blinking an eye at her close contact. “Not that we have the proof to convince her of it.”
I wish Cat would point out to Clark that Lois is already convinced. Although I guess she really could not do that without blowing his cover.

“What do you mean ‘job’? If Luthor is such a great source, how come she doesn’t have any articles to show for it?”
Cat:Some stories take time to develop. Do you have any articles from your investigation of Luthor?

He grabbed her wrist. “You ever going to tell me what you spent all night investigating the night Chow eloped? I haven’t seen anything big in your column since then either.”
Cat:Patience Clark, some stories take lots of work.

“Oh. Does it have to do with Dr. Muldoon’s disappearance?” Clark fished.
Yes, but she does not know it yet.

Cat wasn’t his partner… well, except on the Muldoon investigation. She didn’t owe him any explanations.
Clark:Not that my partner really gives me any explanations either.

Reader:And who was it who chose to turn down a chance to spend time with Lois to spend it instead with some blonde bimbo.

Anyway, if Clark searched those great big memory banks of his, he’d realized that they had already discussed this investigation of Lex Luthor’s sex life on several occasions.
And how is he supposed to realize that is what she is doing?

Now, that she had a concrete fact on which to investigate – the LoLex watch with the tracer hidden inside – she was no longer giving Clark anything more to worry about.
Or she could tell Clark the watch has a tracer, and see fireworks fly.

Cat had pulled a few strings to check out the jewelry items before they disappeared. Alas, there weren’t any watches in the estate at all.
Maybe with more cooperative paramours, Luthor bugs other pieces of jewelry.

and the sister guessed Antoinette had been wearing it at the time of her death.
Of course she was, that was how Luthor knew she was in postion to be killed.

she needed to speak with his sixteenth cousin, thrice removed, Detective Henderson of the MPD Bomb Squad Investigation Unit.
Is the other Henderson married?

if Lex really had anything directly to do with Monique’s death, it would be stupid of him to leave a watch he gave her with the body.
He has been known to do stupid things like that.

Next up, Miranda’s estate.
Why do I doubt she will find the watch there either?

John Pack Lambert