As Clark had been leaving to head home to get ready for his date with Linda, Lois had cornered him to ask if he could set up a short meeting for her with Superman.
I guess she is not totally mad at him any more, just somewhat.

Tempted by her earlier outburst to say ‘no’,
Stop being such a lunkhead Clark.

he recalled Cat’s advice to listen to Lois.
smile1 more touching.

“I haven’t told Perry. The only people who know, besides us, are the computer experts I had look at the data, and they both told me that they wished they didn’t know about it.”
Considering that this whole thing came about because of limiting information to only a few, Clark will have a hard time supporting this course of action.

This must’ve been true. She hadn’t even told Clark,
When had she ever had a chance to tell him?

but now he understood why she didn’t want to tell him about it on the newsroom floor where anyone could have overheard them. He was still amazed that no one overheard them talking about Eugene Laderman staying at her apartment.
Hmm, maybe some time a story where someone does over hear will be in order.

At least, he hoped that why the people were never informed.
I think you meant to say "that was why".

You are blameless, Superman. Please, believe that.”
LNN will never see it that way.

“I’m sorry, Lois, but I cannot fly you,” he replied after a short pause.
Why not?

One of the major pros was the length of uninterrupted time he would be able to spend with Lois in his arms during the trip there and back.
He should do it.

“Lois, you are currently out on bail for a felony crime. You are not allowed to leave Metropolis, let alone the country,” Superman explained his justification for his choice.
I think Superman is holding too close to the law, especially considering how loosely he held to it by using an out-of-dimension drivers license.

“I also hope the charges are dropped, Lois, but until then, I will know and Superman cannot be party even to a brief flouting of the law,” he said.
Lois:So once the charges are dropped you will take me to London?

He could see the anger building up in her eyes at his rejection of her request. “I hope you understand my reasoning and how sorry I am that I cannot help you.”
I have to admit I don't understand his reasoning her at all.

Perhaps Clark could go in her stead. Of course, 'Clark' was getting ready for his date with Linda and didn’t know anything that they were discussing at this meeting,
It is high time Clark told her the truth.

which were two strikes against Lois allowing Clark to take over her British section of this investigation.
Actually, why not just have Superman go?

“It’s probably also best if Superman isn’t directly involved in an investigation for which he played a major role.”
So the bail is not the deciding factor? With that attitude, should his girlfriend do the investigation?

Her hands slid down his arms and into his.
Why can't it be Lois and Clark touching in this manner.

“Oh, no. He had a big date,” Lois scoffed.
Maybe he should not have brought it up at all.

“With a cheap, whore of a reporter from the Metropolis Star… although one could argue that ‘whore’ and ‘reporter for the Met Star’ mean the same thing.”
She takes inter-newspaper rivalry to the extreme.

She leaned her head back against Superman’s chest. “I’ve been so stupid, Superman. It’s all my fault. I should’ve never told him to go ruin his reputation with that… that… woman.”
I am surprised she chose such a dignified word to describe Linda.

so he wouldn’t know how much I really, really hate it, and how jealous I am.”
She is being really sneaky now.

No. He was about to mention Luthor, but thought it best to keep the ‘I told you so’ out of this conversation.
Yes, he is smart to not mention Luthor.

“Is that why you think he arranged a date with Ms. King?” Superman asked instead.
Lois:How could I, when I know CK=SM.

“No. In fact, Clark doesn’t mind at all if we kiss,” she said, glancing up at him with daring expression on her face.
Clark, just kiss her. OK, it only works if he tells her the Truth, but he can do that, forget about Linda.

“Perhaps he didn’t want you to know how extremely jealous he really was,” Superman suggested.
Lois:How can you be jealous of your self, Clark.

“It sounds as if you and Clark need to have a serious conversation.”
Lois:Yes we do, Clark.

Lois bit her bottom lip in that adorable manner, which always made him want to kiss her.
Just do it Clark.

He swallowed a groan. Her plan sounded perfect with the exception of one fatal flaw.
Why does he have to be such a stickler for the law.

“Lois, we discussed this. You cannot leave the city, let alone the state of New Troy. You are not allowed to leave Metropolis without approval from the D.A.’s office or a judge, which you aren’t likely to get.”
Actually, I don't see why a supervised flight with Superman would be turned down.

“But I talked to my new Daily Planet attorney this afternoon,
grumble I was so hoping he would flake out on Linda.

He was disappointed that work pulled him away from talking to her, but if he didn’t get to the bottom of what the Metropolis Star was doing to steal the Daily Planet’s readers, there would no longer be a Daily Planet at which to work. Now, Clark thought with a heavy sigh, off to his ‘date’ with Linda King.
frown that neither sees the others "dates" are part of an undercover operation.

John Pack Lambert