This is a very aptly named part. I just wish Clark would not be so petty, although I guess he has to pursue to Met Star angle. I hope if he does decided to go there under cover he tells Lois first.

By the time she climbed the stairs of the Daily Planet back to the newsroom, Lois decided it was time for a new set of three rules, and this time she wouldn’t break them or tell them to anyone else.
Not even Clark?

Rule number one: sleep only with Clark.
I guess one way to make sure you can keep the rules is to set ones you already live by.

Lois:You have no proof I have slept with Clark in this story.

Reader:Yes we do. You have slept with himat least twice.

Lois:When?

Reader:Just after you were shot, and during the investigation of the killing of Vincent Winiger.

Lois:That is not what I mean by sleeping.

That one shouldn’t be too difficult to keep,
Considering her only "cheating", in the form of a kiss, was with him, and he was her only really temptation, I think she is right.

It was important to have a rule that would be next to impossible to break.
Much easier then he previous no sleeping with co-workers rule.

Rule number two: never get arrested.
Well, if she didn't harbor criminals.

Working closer with Clark would make this rule easier,
Especially since he will put his foot down at suggestions to break the law.

because she was sure that he didn’t want her to get arrested again as much as she did.
He may have a bigger fear of it.

Rule number three: always get there first.
This seems more difficult than he previous rules, and too dependent on factors beyond her control.

She could have kept ‘never get involved with her stories’, but hey, she was trying to be realistic,
I thought the point of these new rules was she had totally failed at the old.

Thankfully, when Lois reached the newsroom she saw that Clark was also back and hard at work.
Yeah, they will interact.

Lois sat down on top of Clark’s desk, opposite him. “Hi.”
Clark, this is a better view than Luthor got.

“Centennial Gardens is a good restaurant. If we made reservations now, we might be able to get in by our first anniversary,” she said wryly.
OK, the first thing that comes to mind when she says "anniversary" is "when will they get married"?

At Clark’s stunned expression, Lois realized what she said, and how he must’ve interpreted it.
I think that is what he thought.

Quickly she clarified, her face feeling warm. “Partnership anniversary. Anniversary of us becoming partners. Work related. Cyborgs. Me being shot.”
Umm, does she want to celebrate the anniversary of her being shot?

She lowered her voice. “Not our anniversary anniversary. That would be Valentine’s Day and there’s no way we’d be able to get in then.
Well, that is only their anniversary, anniversary in the world that was not disrupted by Wells tells about the curse. OK, maybe we have no proof Lois and Clark married there, but I am taking that view and sticking to it.

Of course, it technically wasn’t Valentine’s Day, was it? Because it was really the day after that when you finally…” She cut herself off, coughing slightly.
Kissing as a cover for the maid? Is that what she is talking about?

“Ah. So, you don’t count the whole Bureau 39 investigation…”
I am surprised he is still on the work partners angle.

He paused to lean towards her. “And our first kiss… to be our true anniversary?”
Oh, he is on a different angle.

Lois:Well, maybe, but to explain that I have to admit I know the Secret.

“Lunch was fine. I told Lex and his lawyer that I wanted to be represented by the Daily Planet in-house attorneys, and this time he actually heard me.”
Hopefully Clark hears her.

“Brava, Lois,” Clark said. “I’m proud of you.” She saw his gaze dart to her wrist to see that the LoLex watch was still there.
grumble at LoLex watch. It is very disruptive.

“You’ve taken the first step in admitting that you have a problem.”
Clark, why are you being so combative.

Lois leaned towards him over his desk,
He is probably enjoying this.

“I want to talk to you, Chuck… and Superman… about that investigation with which I need his help; perhaps the three of us could meet tonight for dinner at…”
grumble why does he do such stupid things?

“Lois,” he murmured. “It was your idea for me and Linda to be seen out on the town… ‘take her dancing’ you said.
Clark, you should realize what Lois says and what she means are two different things.

Anyway, I would like to know more about what’s going on over at the Metropolis Star and…”
He needs to be more upfront about his investigation with her.

“Of course you do!” Lois growled, rising to her feet. “Why wouldn’t you? She’s blonde, and they have readers. What more could a man want? The Metropolis Star seems to have exactly what you want, what everybody wants, so why don’t you go work for them?”
Hopefully he will not take her up on this plan.

I am slightly surprised Lois is so mad though. She needs to realize that no matter how hard Clark tries it does look like she is choosing Luthor over him.

John Pack Lambert