-- Continuation of Response to John's FDK --
How did she go through all that in a few seconds?
Aren't brains amazing organs? Dreams which seem to last forever apparently only take seconds or minutes to create in one's mind.

Well, Jimbo being at the planet did not mean this Jimmy was dead.
That's true. She has had visions (back in the Messenger hangar) about Jimmy dying before, though.

Lois: grumble they were not supposed to tell that to Perry.
Aren't caring friends such a pain? laugh

This is really a cross section of all four or so episodes. I was thinking that with Constance caught, Chow married off and the kidnapped children returned we were passed "Illusions of Grandeur" entirely, but with the "That's Brilliant" line still in place, not fully.
Episode wresting!

"The Rival" seems to have been sidelined, but the "Ides of Metropolis" are still working havoc, though mostly this is coming from "Vatman", although it appears Wrong Clark has again been more right by not getting cloned.
He's less likely to donate a lock of his hair to charity than canon Clark was, since having been outed in his dimension he's a bit more protective of his person.

Only sortof, she was the means to get a fight more than anything.
She missed that part of the flashback.

Well, she is right about everything except that it will happen. At least I hope it won't.
cool

I am sure the clone could have found another way to start a fight if she had not existed.
Clark is more likely to fight someone over Lois's safety than for any other reason. <<MoS aside>>

Perry:He is definitely acting like an over-protective father.
Caring friend.

She needs to stop blaming herself for what others do.
But she's better at giving that advice than taking it.

I guess seeing him vanish like that is very disturbing.
[Linked Image]

Won't that just make her more open to kidnapping by the imposer. Although I have to say it never made sense why Lois, who so quickly figured out the clone was not Superman, was so easily fooled later on.
Because Vatman wasn't acting like himself when he picked her up from the DP, he was acting like Superman.

Clark:Why is Lois so afraid? She must have seen a truly horrible vision.
He knows about her mental institution nightmare.

She is lucky Clark knows about her sense of the past, although he does not understand it fully, partly because of Wells withholding information.
Wells, in his defense, doesn't quite know what's going on with Lois and these visions.

Why is she so opposed to going to the conference room?
Because it was from the conference room that Dr. Carlin took her into her custody at the mental institution.

Why not become Superman, so she will calm down about getting a message to him?
Because he wants her to trust him as himself to tell Clark what's going on instead of repeating the same information to Superman and running off; as Clark he can calm her down more quickly (in his opinion).

Since Lois knows CK=SM, this seems an odd statement.
She too thought he'd change into Superman.

Hmm, I can hope Lois will let that she knows the secret drop while she is so distraught, right?
Hope away.

That makes no sense at all.
Why not? You change one of the variables maybe the outcome will change.

If Clark had any doubt if Lois loved him or Superman more, he would have the answer here.
Currently those aren't his doubts.

Not likely. If it was something Lois had known for a while, she would not have had a nervous breakdown in the newsroom like that. She clearly just learned it.
Maybe all the puzzle pieces had just fallen into place. Maybe she just learned that Clark was going to die as well as Superman. Maybe she just learned that this was the date it was going to happen. It's possible she knew some of this earlier.

I think that should be "gravel so as not".
You're right. Fixed.

I think that should be "with which I need his". Even in this distraught of a state Lois would not make that mistake.
Yep. Fixed. Thanks.

Well she never tells him what information she gets from Luthor, so this should not surprise him at all.
He's more disappointed than surprised.

So he knows he keeps secrets from Lois, but does not think she does it as well. Although at least in the Muldoon case I am not sure "secret" is the best term. It is just he has not brought it up to Lois, but he really has not deliberately kept her in the dark over it.
CLARK: There really isn't much to tell, except that Cat impersonated her once to a source.

Even back during those times when Lois wasn’t talking to him,
JOHN: Like the other day when he made a stink about the watch?
No, here he's referring to way back last summer.

How could he have an opportunity to talk to her if she was not talking to him?
She talked to him as her co-worker, but not any more than that. There wasn't any idle chatter.

This should make her understanding of things very confused. Although the fact she did not see the baby and the kryptonite and the space ship probably undermines her ability to understand. I was so hoping she would see that. It would cause her to understand so much more, although probably cause its own set of confusion.
I'm trying to show her visions in the light we usually hear and see of psychic visions on TV, where the psychic knows something but doesn't have enough detailed information to really know it.

Why not Superman and Luthor fighting? That would have made more sense to what she had said.
He is Superman. Also, Superman doesn't "fight" men like Luthor.

More they were fighting near her. The point of the fight was less clear.
LOIS: Of course they were fighting over me. Why else would I be there?

He really does not understand her visions yet.
Some of her visions show what might happen (or did happen) in the future, usually an alt-future. But he's confused by what she's saying. He can't understand how there would be two supermen in her vision of her previous timeline, so he's just trying to make sense of it all, and this is what he comes up with.

I really do not see him and true Clark fighting like that. It really would not make sense. It also does not help that Lois and Clark in canon dimension have apparently not told him about clones.
No, alt-Clark doesn't know about clones. I believe I came up with a good reason for the supermen to battle like this in 'Missing Lois'. laugh

I think I missed some of Lois' thoughts process here.
You're not alone.

Clark agrees with me, Lois' reasoning makes no sense at all.
Yep.

I was so hoping he would tell her. I guess though he is right, if she did not know that CK=SM, this would be a really bad time to tell her.
CLARK: smile1

This will be tested if Wells comes up with a way to un-break the time-line.
[Linked Image]

My guess is she was about to remind him, but then realized she had to make it look like she actually expected him to show up.
LOIS: Sometimes him not knowing that I know is a pain in the neck.

Clark crossed his arms
JOHN: Won't this make him look more like Superman?
And this would be bad, why? wink

I guess this is a reasonable enough worry, but with the amount of stress Lois went through with the arrest, not the most logical one.
PERRY: But she's acting extra crazy lately.

So his claims of trusting Lois but not Luthor seem a little suspect.
He trusts her but the reassurance of his trust is always a plus.

The only reason I do not suspect Perry is right is because the ER said specifically we would not see any children in this story. Although, without that statement, knowing what Lois is actually going through would make the pregnancy unlikely.
Actualy, I'm the EW (Evil Writer). ER = Evil Reader. goofy

I think that should be "grip the arms".
Yes, thank you. I edited that line shortly before posting for some reason I always add an "e" to grip. It so annoys my Betas. LOL. Fixed.

Interesting on first reading that I thought the "they couldn't" was "get pregnant", I guess I had almost forgotten about the curse. grumble at Wells.
Couldn't have sex or get pregnant, both work since one leads to the other.

Perry:Although this is Lois, so maybe she would want to not tell the father too soon, who knows.
clap

I interested this paragraph to mainly refer to the problem caused by the rise of the Metropolis Star.
It refers to both the current economic problems with the DP and as well as the current problems with the IoM virus.

A lot more than he even suspects.
LOIS: [Linked Image]
PERRY: I don't know anything. Anything at all.

Even Laderman being innocent won't be enough to keep her from being prosecuted. Harrison being exposed as the master mind behind "The Ides of Metropolis" and the DA having aided his plan by prosecuting the wrong person and wrong crime might just make the whole thing so embarrassing that they decide to not pursue the matter any more. I wonder if Mayson Drake was on that case.
Hmmmmm.

This is turning into quite an interesting day.
If I'm going to have an neverending day, might as well make it a bizarre one as well.

Well, anyway, Lois is not hearing voices. She is just remembering hearing voices in memories that she thinks are dreams or something.
Technically, Lois did hear Clark's voice at the EPRAD press conference while Clark was MIA.

I can see why Clark did not reveal his secrets. Telling distraught, confused Lois things that would make her more confused would not have helped.
CLARK: dance

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.