Two men faced each other on a dusty stretch of town, and not just any town, an old Western town.
I sort of think Lois should notice it is a fake old western town.

They were dressed identically in skintight blue body suits, red capes, red shorts with a yellow belt, and red boots. One’s slicked-back hair style varied slightly from the other one’s, and that was the only discernible physical difference between them. They were twins; although, vocally one of them sounded younger than the other.
OK, I did not expect this to happen. I had however forgotten that happened on Perry's birthday.

“Go ahead,” the second Superman insisted. “Finish me off… Only the strong survive.”
Lois should realize this is a totally un-Supermanish thing to say.

The second Superman leaned against the first trying to keep his balance. “I’m dying,” he replied. “Maybe it’s for the best… there’s nothing left to live for anyway. I have something to do. Will you wait here for me?” Without waiting for an answer, he took to the sky and disappeared.
It is sort of sad that Lois did not hear the "might makes right" line. That would have made her even more sure one was an imposter.

She stumbled down the ramp to the bullpen. It looked slightly different than it normally did, but she couldn’t put her finger on what exactly had changed.
Is this because she is now in the rebuilt newsroom?

Lois glanced at her watch… her watch, the one her grandmother had given her after graduation from Metropolis University.[/Quote

grumble I was so hoping she would see H.G. Wells.

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">What the hell? How had that happened?
This should be too odd to process as anything but unreal.

In front of her, a man stood in a bright blue jumpsuit and a silver vest, holding a gun and waving it around as if he was looking for something or someone. She stood behind him with a large stick in her hands; she was holding it over her shoulder as if it she were playing baseball.
Having the stick in her hands should make it clear this cannot fit with previous memories.

He got to his feet and aimed the gun at her. “How did you get here?” he demanded.
That is what she wants to know.

Now that he was looking directly at her, Lois recognized him as the ‘Duh’ man from that vision she had when she discovered Clark was Superman.
I wonder if Clark knows enough to know who this person would be. Since he has met Tempus, he should be able to recognize him from a full description, but I guess he was dressed differently so it might be hard.

He seemed to know about as much as she did about where they were and how they had gotten there.
But he only wonders how Lois got there, not how he did.

“Clark! Oh, Clark, what’s happening to you?” she asked.
This has to be the most terrifying vision Lois has ever had.

“Okay, calm down, Lois,” Clark whispered from beside her,
dance Clark is holding her.

Clark! He was alive.
dance Lois is in Clark's arms.

John Pack Lambert