“May I call someone to pack your personal belongings?” he asked. She could see the hope on his face.

JOHN: Wow, he really does not want her leaving even a little.
Scarey thing. Another canon line of dialogue. Why did canon Lois ever *want* to marry this creep?
I never understood why either. Something in her brain must have broken when Superman turned her down. That is the only explantion. Or maybe Luthor was drugging her food.

Although would Luthor want others to be able to track his own behavior?
I bet he has the ability to turn them on and off by remote.
I guess that would make sense for him.

CAT: So, did you sleep with Lois, Clark?

CLARK: Sleep? Sure did. We did LOTS of sleeping together. More sleeping than I've been getting lately. I woke up feeling better than any other night since I moved to town.

CAT: <<holds up hand>> Okay. Enough already. I don't need the gruesome details.

CLARK: clap

Canon dialogue, and you know he mean Mob = crazed crowd of people, right?
Yes, but my interpretation was so much more fun.

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif"> Luthor is letting her go. I am still shocked he did, especially after she saw so much of the apartment. I guess he figures that the asteroid will hit. If it doesn't it would be a bit hard to build a case for stalking against him.
Not any more than canon Lois did.
But canon Lois had no clear evidence her apartment had been bugged.

Oh, I see why Cat did not bother with this detail. She has no problem with his clothes burning off.
Or she knows about his aura.
But his aura is the reason his suits are so tight. It is not large enough to protect regular clothing.

If I were Clark I would freeze Cat at this point to get some peace and quiet.
Well, that's not very nice. Cat is trying to save the world, after all.
I still think she is being overly pushy.

Actually I think now would be a wonderful time to tell her. Maybe even give her the note to read with him standing by.
Yes, but you know more about what's going on than either Cat or Clark at this point.
I guess he was not very clear in the note that he had really wanted to tell her.

That's the rumor. Of course, if you watch the 'Soul Mates' episode, Barron Tempos said to curse their love for all time, not the consummation of said love. Those were Herb's words, but it was possible the wizard / warlock used that interpretation.
It might also depend on how creative or sadistic the warlock was. However I think that I will go with the notion that Wells was just trying be discrete. Come to think of it that is the impression from his dialogue, that he is trying to avoid saying "have sex", not that if it meant to be specifically a "consumate the marriage" reference.

I guess even if he does not use the letter, he could ask Martha for the letter to help him make sure he knowns what to say to Lois. Although since he has an eidetic memory, maybe the fact he has heard the whole letter does is enough. He can just think over it again to understand what is up.
He only heard the first paragraph of the letter.
So wait, are there parts of the letter we know about that he did not hear?

Now Lois is going to think things were worse than they really wore.
CLARK: I cannot help that Lois thinks the worst of Cat.
That is true. It is not his fault that Cat choses such ways to express herself.

Actually I am a bit surprised she didn't just call herself his girlfriend. I guess they have not used that term, so she maybe was about to say partner and realized that was not strong enough.
I don't recall Lois ever using this term to describe herself at any time during the series.
Hmm, intriguing. Maybe that is why Scardino did not go away.

John Pack Lambert