She went into the bedroom and saw that someone had made the bed with her favorite sheet set.
And when was Luthor ever in her bedroom?

Lex had been in neither of those rooms in her apartment.
smile1 She is seeing the truth.

like a gilded cage built just for her.
Somehow it brings to mind "A Doll's House" by Ibsen. Although even there the man has a higher level of respect for his wife than Luthor does for Lois. Not much, but some.

Kent! Did he have to be right about that too?
Actually hadn't Clark been torn between it being Luthor and being B-39?

A chill passed down her spine, and she knew with certainty that the longer she remained in this underground lair, the more difficult it would be for her to convince Lex to let her leave.
I guess that makes sense. He has clearly done some illegal things. If she leaves quickly he will figure she might have not put two and two together. Although she does have the advantage that he does not know about the changes to her place.

He evidently didn’t know the difference between right and wrong.
Or he just does not care.

“May I call someone to pack your personal belongings?” he asked. She could see the hope on his face.
Wow, he really does not want her leaving even a little.

She wouldn’t be surprised if an investigation of that copycat apartment didn’t reveal hidden microphones and cameras in there as well.
Although would Luthor want others to be able to track his own behavior?

That gofer who hangs around you?”
His perpetual refusal to remember Jimmy's name.

“I heard he walked out on you,” Lex said.
Luthor is really getting too cocky for his own good. How would he kniow this? Also he seems to be too confident in the effectveness of his goons. No one ever suspected Clark had "walked out". Lois was posive he was kidnapped, and no one else really gave any reason to doubt.

How had Lex known Clark had disappeared, unless he had been instrumental in making it happen?
Point to Lois.

She was thankful that she and Clark decided to stand in the crowd to watch the Asgard Rocket launch that afternoon instead of up in the press area.
I did wonder how they avoided Clark's return becoming public knowledge.

She knew she was protesting too much, but she didn’t want Lex to send anyone to Clark’s apartment to double-check.
This is brilliant. Protesting too much might at times be taken as a sign that the person involved doubts the truth of their claim, or that the claim is false. However no one takes it to mean the claim is more true than you say it is. The assumption is if you could disprove with a simple "he did return" you would never say anythign else.

Her eyes widened at this admission of guilt that neither Perry nor Henderson would ever consider a concrete fact.
IT might be enough to focus their search. I guess it would not be enough to bring a court case against Luthor for kidnapping Clark, even if his memories fully return.

“Lois, mob rule isn’t a pretty sight. You don’t have to see it,”
Shouldn't Luthor not be telling her to leave. I mean he is the mob, and he rules here in the bunker, so is that not mob rule? hyper I hope Clark does not turn the astroid around until there is less than an hour left. That way we will be rid of Luthor for a bit.

John Pack Lambert