Lois gasped, slapping herself on the forehead and stopping suddenly on the stairs, causing him to bump into her. “Martha! Jonathan! Oh, I almost forgot. We’ll call them as soon as we get back to the office.”
So she totally avoided his question.

She stared at him as if searching his face for something, but he knew not what. “Your family,” she finally said. “Your… folks.”
This is more true than even Lois realizes.

A smile broke out on his face as relief and excitement filled him. “Family? I have folks?” Excitement that he wasn’t alone. Relief that Cat was wrong about him being Superman.
Now Cat really has no hope of forcing her theory. I am smile1 but I have to wonder if this revelation has doomed this earth. I hope not.

Luck would be getting him to stop.
smile1 she wants less to do with Luthor.

Maybe he’s heard word about Superman.”
Well he does think he killed Superman, but I doubt he would tell Lois that.

it perturbed her that Clark had been right about Lex, before she was.
smile1 I am just glad she became right about him by now, although she does not distrust him enough.

Lex Luthor hated Clark.

It wasn’t just hatred; it was irrational hatred. Lex was jealous of her relationship with Clark.
smile1 he is getting a little bit of his memory back.

“No. Not really, it’s just a feeling,” he said, and she recognized the fake smile he put on his lips. “If he will only meet you in person, I can come with you.”
That does sound like a good plan at one level, but I don't know if it would work.

Her vibe said to keep Lex and Clark apart, and she wasn’t going to discount that suspicion.
Hopefully this will include not tipping off Lex to the fact that Kent is alive.

“You’re more important to me,” she said softly.
This is a good thing to tell him.

She hated to leave Clark here in a place he didn’t recognize to go and meet with Lex, but Lex had insisted that he could only tell her his news in person.
I still have a strong suspicion that Lex will try to prevent her from leaving.

She knew Earth’s only true hope was Superman, wherever he might be.
And she stopped him from getting the sun he needed to recover.

His gaze moved from their entwined hands up to her eyes. “Are we more than friends?” he finally asked.
hyper It is the moment of truth.

“How close?” Clark asked. His chest touched hers, and they still held hands between them.
hyper she is showing him how close they are.

breathed more than spoke as his lips descended onto hers.
party more kissing.

A loud banging made them jump apart.
Of course it is Jimmy.

Clark moved first, pulling her tightly against him and kissing her once more. “I’ll send him away,” he said between kisses.
party yes even more kissing.

“Cancel. Stay with me,” Clark pleaded.
I think this is a good plan.

“Yes!” she agreed both with her words and with kisses;
party she is staying with Clark and ignoring Lex.

“No,” Lois said, pulling away from Clark.
frown she is going to go meet Luthor.

“Lex might have something. You’re right. He’s big. He might know something. I’ve got to go,”
I am a little less worried that he will not let her leave. It would be the end for him, unless he really thinks Nightfall will hit and destroy the current society.

“There is no tomorrow night, Lois.”
Somehow I doubt that, what with this story heading above 100 parts.

Still I wish Lois had stayed. I don't trust Luthor to let her go, although I hope he does let her go. I am sure she will not willingly stay with him.

John Pack Lambert