“Sorry, Ms. Lane. Detective Wolfe,” he replied
Phew, a good guy for once.

“So, Kent, you and Ms. Lane, huh?” Wolfe said with a grin that matched his name, shaking Clark’s hand. “Gutsy! I’ve heard about her.”
Uh oh, did she hear that?

“Thank you for…” saving me from myself, she wanted to say. “— everything.”

Clark smiled sheepishly. “It was…” He cleared his throat. “— nothing,” he said, but she knew that it hadn’t been.

“Not to me, Clark,” Lois said, leaning over and lightly brushing a kiss across his mouth. She didn’t know why she had done it, and it appeared that Clark was shocked by the move as she was.
smile

He hadn’t meant to eavesdrop, honestly he hadn’t, especially after the last conversation he had listened in on between the Lane sisters, but he heard it just the same. He had practically floated down the stairs after she had kissed him goodbye.
smile

“You didn’t need to buy me food, Clark. I can make myself breakfast,” Lois said after she let him in.
Since when?

“Well, I thought you might be hungry since we didn’t finish dinner.” Oh, why did I have to bring that up? One of the reasons he preferred guard duty to going back to his apartment was the lack of free time to think. He didn’t look at Lois after saying this, but he could hear her emotional response. “I figured we’d be busy working on Menken’s death and looking into your stalker, and you really should have a good breakfast to keep up your energy and help you regrow your muscle. Breakfast is the most important meal of…” he rambled on until she set her hand on his arm and squeezed.
Is babbling contagious?

“Why didn’t I just bring bacon?” Clark grumbled, refusing to move away from the counter or face the Lane sisters.
Hahaha, poor Clark.

“Do you think they have magma lamps?”
Like a lava lamp? Is that a different dimension thing?

Lois giggled in a most un-Lois like way and turned to face Clark. “Really, Clark, by lava lamp? I’ve heard of doing it by candlelight, and by moonlight, but by lava lamp? Didn’t you fulfill that fantasy back in college?”
clap

“You named your hero after me,” Clark said with a beaming smile.
She stopped at the door of his building and faced him. “No, Clark. My hero came first, then came you.”

“So, you named me after your hero?” he stated more than asked. “Your romantic hero.”
laugh

This chapter was great! And no cliffhanger smile