True, Lois working late was typically a given, but not usually after breaking a big story or even on a Saturday night.
Ooooh!

Why would Luthor want Lois kidnapped? It didn’t make sense.
Kidnapped Lois + Lex with guns = Dead kidnapper + grateful Lois
Grateful Lois + Lex with a big bed = Lois meowing in pleasure + Lex smoking a cigar
Hmm… Clark’s right. That equation doesn’t make much sense to me, either.
(Grateful Lois + Lex with a big bed) * Total Wackjob = Lois meowing in pleasure + Lex smoking a cigar
There, much better.

Why would Luthor want to know what Lois was up to all day and all night?
Because he hoped it would make for good visual support when he was entertaining other ladies?

Was he that sick of a… ?
[Linked Image]

Clark coughed instead of purposely think the word that best described the man.
Clark, thinking this is perfectly acceptable. Even calling him these things to his face is perfectly fine so long as there are now witnesses or recording equipment that could be used in a defamation of character suit.

Was receiving bouquets in the early morning – probably before Lois left for work – something that regularly happened?
Yes. He usually returned Lois home after sampling the merchandise.

Was Luthor a paranoid jealous man?
No. Just a disgusting old pervert.

“Hi, Clark. How’s Lois?” Cat asked, wandering into his view of Lois’s desk.
Bugged.

“Resting?” she scoffed. “Lois Lane doesn’t ‘rest’, unless…” A big grin spread across her face,
hyper

“I told her exactly what happened at my apartment that night you came over,”
Using tiny words and speaking veeeerrrryyyy slooooooowwwwwwlllllyyyyyy.

“Exactly. That’s what I told her. I had to spell it out because, despite being a writer, Lois’s understanding of metaphor is zippo.
hyper

Then she went into shock, so I literally had to spell it out for her,”
laugh

“I also told her that she needed to take you on the ride of her life, because the rest of us were tired of watching the two of you staring at each other across the newsroom like lovesick teenagers,”
/raises hand/ Ewwww, where’s the list to register as being tired, too?

with a wiggle of her bottom, probably because she knew he was staring at her in disbelief.
laugh

That was a subject for when he was alone.
Naughty boy! He’d also best clean out the bugs before any kind of consummation of that thought takes place.

That wasn’t a conversation he was relishing, especially since it was one she had to have with Superman; a man they both blamed for her being shot. That should be fun.
SUPERMAN: “Lois, what would you say if I told you that someone has been listening and watching everything you do for, I don’t know, probably since I’ve shown up? And that includes what you do in your privy room.”
LOIS: You super *pervert*! [Linked Image]
SUPERMAN: confused

Perry reached back and turned down his Elvis music, before sitting up.
[Linked Image] You turn the music *up* during these kind of conversations.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.