He walked into the living room. He found another camera and several more microphones. He figured it was a professional job. Clark wondered who would be behind it. And, more importantly, how long had Lois been under someone’s watchful eye?
C'mon Clark, you don't think Luthor wouldn't do this???

He went back into the kitchen and picked up the glass of water for Lois. He walked into her room and set the glass on the table next to her bed. He took a deep breath. He figured any government agency wouldn’t videotape Lois’s bedroom, but he wouldn’t put anything past Luthor. If it was Bureau 39, they would probably want to catch Lois and Superman in the act. A chill crept down Clark’s spine at the thought of a possible third unknown creep watching her.
Ah, I guess there IS one more possibility after all.

“Superman stopped by while you were in the bathroom.”
Um, actually wouldn't that be a pretty big hint that something's amiss? Luthor's bound to be wondering why he would lie about this.

It was weird dreaming of a man he had just met. Of course, his dream was more about his Clark self taking advantage of a drugged Lois before she went into surgery. The dream had felt so real that when he thought about it again on the way to the Twelfth Precinct, he had needed to remind himself that it had only been a dream, that it hadn’t really happened like that.
Wait... what??? Are they dream sharing??? *musing for a moment* I wonder if that's a unique characteristic to Kryptonians in general or just a soulmate.

The fact that she knew it was Superman kissing her in the dream and not Clark showed him where her true sentiment lay. Of course, it had been Superman, because Superman was Clark Kent. Even though Clark had told her he was only impersonating Superman, Lois had believed it was her man in blue.
Apparently he's not privy to the underlying thoughts and feelings on her side, however.

Thank God it had only been a dream! Although, given his track record with Lois, he could picture himself doing something stupid like that to hide his secret.
*sporfle* Now why do I get the feeling that was used at one time in the Silver Ages? (FTR, I don't know if it was or not because I only have a handful that date to the Silver and not Bronze Ages.)

Clark wondered if Superman would want to be a secret source in this instance. He decided he would.
*snort* I can just imagine the internal back and forth like that. So very Clark/Superman. It's that sort of thing that some people say he has some sort of multiple personality disorder (which I'm sure Dr. Friskin would have attempted to uncover if she had known that Superman was also Clark.

Clark pulled out one of his business cards and handed it to Henderson as he left the office. “If you need a sympathetic ear to air your grievances to, on or off the record, let me buy you a coffee sometime,” he murmured as he passed the man
And I'm sure this is where that soft touch is going to come in handy.

Clark decided before turning in his nothing article to Perry, he would do some bare bones checking for a paper trail between Menken and Luthor.
Ah, the notes that will help build an investigation and (hopefully) take down the House of Luthor.

Thinking of Luthor reminded him that Lois’s apartment was bugged. Clark had no proof it was the billionaire, but it had been extra suspicious – given Menken’s accusations – that Luthor had shown up at the Daily Planet when he had.
Thaat's right, put the blame where it should go, not on Bureau 39.

Even Clark knew he was jumping to conclusions, not substantiated by any facts. Why would Luthor want to know what Lois was up to all day and all night? Was he that sick of a… ? Clark coughed instead of purposely think the word that best described the man.
Not even wanting to think a bad word against anyone. That's the Clark we all love so well.

Clark decided to focus his attentions on the task at hand: checking if someone was spying on Lois at work. First he looked over the conference room, the snack area, and then he returned to his desk. So far, so good. Maybe he was being overly paranoid. It was his natural tendency with Lois. Perhaps Lois’s stalker had only targeted her at home. He picked up a file, leaned back in his chair, and focused all of his senses towards Lois’s desk. He found the camera located within the column behind Lois’s computer monitor.

He sighed. Sometimes he hated being right.
I'd hate being right when you have something confirmed like this, too.

“Right, concrete proof,” Clark said, nodding. “I’d like to bring Lois in…”

“No, not yet,” Perry advised. “That girl’s under enough stress as it is. She doesn’t need to think that Luthor was behind her kidnapping as well as her shooting. She’s liable to go off half-cocked and accuse him of something for which we have no proof. Either that, or go defensive of the bastard because we lack proof. Let’s hold off until we’ve got more information.”
And this is an excellent reason for not telling Lois.

“Just make sure she doesn’t eat you alive, son,” his boss advised.

“Yes, sir,” Clark garbled, quickly leaving the office. He had been spending way too much time with Cat.
When your mind's sputtering into the gutter of course you have been!

CLARK: No. I'm just worried I'm a jinx.
JONATHAN: A jinx?
CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
-"Contact" (You're not her jinx, you're her blessing.)