He jumped to his feet, ashamed at having been in her room all night.
blush How very 1760 of him.

find a nice icecap somewhere, and bury his head.
Head [Linked Image]

Better that than floating.
Could have been awkward. Although, what if his behind had started to bob in the night while his head remained stuck on the bed with Lois?

The knocking came again, louder.
Open up! Vice police. We have had credible reports of a man spending the night in an unwed woman’s boudoir.

Clark stumbled out to the living room past a sleepy-eyed Lucy.
Oops?

Clark flipped the locks on the door and opened it to several bouquets of red roses. He pressed his lips together. Luthor.
It’s one of those mornings where you’d do best to not get up. Also, he should relate Lois’s message. “Luthor. I’ve spent the night with Lois and she has asked me to tell you that she would like for you to take a swandive off a cliff. In lieu of that, your balcony on LexTower would suffice.”

“Don’t be ridiculous, Clark. Of course, Lois wants them. She loves flowers,” Lucy said,
[Linked Image] Can we have her run away with James, now?

“They’re from Luthor,” Clark said.

“How sweet,” Lucy gushed. “Clearly he cares.”
clap No, but if you want to gift a bunch of red roses to your wife/girlfriend/whatever? Alternatively, I could make you a fine surprise for your proctologist?

“You woke up a woman who was shot last night! You want a tip, go get it from Luthor,” Clark growled.
clap

“Well, Clark, if I wasn’t awake before, I am now,” Lois said,
Oh great. Now you’ve done it. Now the *boyfriend’s* in trouble instead of the beau.

“Sorry, Ma’am, no tip needed,” he said, and bolted through the door, shutting it behind himself.
Does it read “I got shot but you should see the other guy’s guts. Literally.”? Just kidding. I know she still has the same one she had on when she went home last night. Much to the detriment of the town FoLCs.

Feeling horrible that his bad behavior and arguing with Lucy had gotten Lois out of bed, Clark went straight into apology mode. “I’m sorry, Lo…”
/excessive nodding/

Lucy squealed, pulling something out of one of the bouquets. “I found it!”
The card?

“I’ll never forgive myself. Lex.”
Oh boy. /puts on LDS-filter *) / I did nothing wrong, thus I don’t have to feel guilty. Ever.

*) Lex Double Speak

“Clark, could you get me a glass of water?”
Tasking bile?

“Lucy, I need your help in the bathroom,” Lois announced to her sister, and left the room.
huh

“I fell asleep on the sofa, sir.
And that’s a big, fat LIE.

and partners help each other in their hour of need.”
[Linked Image]

“Her sofa? Uh-huh,” Perry replied, obviously not buying it.

One glance at Lois’s living room and Clark could see why.
Oh. Right. Oops.

This thought was interrupted by a series of clicks.
The door?

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.