Originally Posted by L
My favorite trope, and you are handling it beautifully. thank you!

Glad you are enjoying, and thanks for reading and commenting smile

Originally Posted by Terry Leatherwood
Good tension. Good characterization for Clark, Perry, and Bill Henderson. Lois is in character too, but so far she's played more of a secondary role. Maybe that will change in the next couple of installments. And yes, you are handling this situation quite ably.

I'm enjoying this one a lot. And I see a Kerth nomination it it's future.

Though I haven't seen it, someone may have already mentioned this to you. The convention (and I stress that it is indeed convention and not a requirement) is to place a blue arrow in front of the story parts so they stand out a bit from other posts. I almost missed chapter 3 because I forgot you hadn't used them before. I'll find the next chapters, though, whether they're marked or not.

Hi Terry!

Thank you for the comments about the characterization. I feel as though I'm still getting the hang of writing for certain characters, and am glad to hear that so far it's good.

I added the arrow. At first I had no idea what you meant, but it is much easier to spot new chapters with the little blue arrows!

And thank you for the compliment! That is high praise blush

Originally Posted by bakasi
Yay, another chapter so soon! I liked that we got to see more of Clark, this time. And we caught a glimpse of AngryClark, which is a rare sight, but in this setting very believable. I still think that Henderson knows more than he's letting on, even to Clark. He must have noticed that the wounds are not only similar but identical. But I like that he's not telling Clark, either.

The first encounter between Lois and Clark was not very pleasant, but I seriously hope that Lois will try again.

I'm sitting on the edge of my seat.

Keep the posts coming!

Yes, AngryClark. He can't be easygoing and pleasant all the time! Especially after what he's been through, poor guy!

Originally Posted by Morgana
What a great story! The last three paragraphs were powerful. The point about the glasses made me want to cry.

Thanks for reading blush

Originally Posted by cuidadora
What a powerful chapter!

Glad to see Henderson and Clark's viewpoints. Nice hint about how little or much Clark may know about the wedding's ending.

“You shouldn’t leave a spare key in such an obvious place. You never know who can let themselves in.”

I cringed when reading this, Lois having her usual sharp retort, not realizing just how much she is in the wrong on several levels. I thought Clark restrained himself admirably. Thanks for including his thoughts, which were heartbreaking.

I'm looking forward to seeing where you take this.

That was a cringe worthy line. I actually hated writing it, however, this next chapter will hopefully make it less cringy?