I'm a bit late in weighing in on this, but I am actually watching Smallville for the first time so I'll throw in my 2 cents.

I wasn't interested in Smallville when it was on the air, partly because I liked L&C so much and partly because we don't receive most channels here in the Thumb. We (Farmerbabe and I) are of the "why pay $50 per month for satellite when we can just buy seasons of the shows we like for a lot less money?" persuasion. That said, we bought a few seasons of Smallville for $6 used and then we saw all the rest at a flea market for $3 per season we took a chance and bought them.

The thing that bothered me most in the early seasons was that no one was able to figure out the Meteor Freaks besides Chloe. The whole population being oblivious to them is a stretch, then they compounded that by making Chloe suspicious despite growing up in the environment. There's also the, "I have an ability therefore I am evil and must go around killing people" thing.

I agree about the character changes everyone has mentioned. I think Lex goes from just OK to genuinely inspired.

We're in season 6 now and I think there are some good points in the show, but the thing that really, REALLY bothers me is the consistency of the characters. There are a number of people who Clark trusts that know his secret and have his back now. Superpowered criminals have escaped from the Phantom Zone, but Clark won't let any of the other superheroes know about or help with them, even though these other guys are also trying to deal with superpowered criminals. Seriously? Clark takes responsibility for releasing the Zoners and wants to keep them from hurting the population but won't ask for help? We've had the disks for about 2 years now and there's a reason why it's taking us so long to watch them.

Last edited by Shallowford; 10/29/19 09:04 AM.

Shallowford