Wow, stronger -- and more varied -- reactions that I had expected.

My personal take on Smallville began with great anticipation leading up to the premiere. (I had not yet discovered FOLCdom, and this was new Superman stuff -- if I couldn't have L&C, perhaps this would serve.) I loved the premiere, and most of the first season.

OK, I'm an old fogey too, and I'm guessing I'm going through some kind of older-woman/younger-guy thing, but I so much dig Tom Welling as a future Superman. He's got it all for me - the looks, the physique, the kind of innocent "What the heck is going on?" expression. So <sigh> I guess I'm just a voyeur at heart.
Yes! I so agree -- at least from season1. The shot of him in the opening credits was just great. drool

Season2, they changed his opening-credit shot to one I really disliked, and gradually began to do the same to his character. By mid-season I was pretty sick of some of the junk they were throwing at us (there were exceptions, like the ep Labby mentioned). Shortly thereafter, I found FOLCdom, too. The combination of too much teenage angst for me to handle and an alternate source to feed my obsession pretty much killed off the last of my interest. I watched the last few eps of season2 only sporadically, didn't bother to catch up over the summer, and have no plans to watch the new season. (It's opposite Enterprise now, and while that show is less-than-stellar of late too, it still interests me more than Smallville!)

3- Clark did not have anything engraved on his chest (which I understand he does from the commercials).
Don't judge a show by its commercials! wink Think about how many L&C commercials were, at best, very misleading. I think you're talking about a scene from the premiere, which they used in a lot of publicity stuff. If so, it's just paint. laugh

4- Lana Lang was by no means Asian.
I don't care what ethnicity she was -- but she's supposed to be a BLONDE. That she was a brunette bugged me a lot, at least initially.

Everwood is a whole lot more than teen angst! I adore that show. I see it as Northern Exposure with a little of the bizarre removed. wink

And i agree with all the others that Lex is by far the best thing on that show, played by michael rosenbaum.
Agreed!

Do you know the most surprising thing about divorce? It doesn't actually kill you, like a bullet to the heart or a head-on car wreck. It should. When someone you've promised to cherish till death do you part says, "I never loved you," it should kill you instantly.

- Under the Tuscan Sun