The thing that always appealed to me about LnC was the Clark stuff. Like LabRat, I never cared much for the Superman part other than how it affected Lois and Clark's relationship. In fact, I often (gasp) fastforwarded through any Superman stuff that wasn't LnC centric because it kind of annoyed me.

I guess that's why Smallville appeals to me. Because it is more about Clark than Superman. Of course, I do get irritated by the Clark-loves-Lana-loves-Whitney and Chloe-loves-Clark-loves-Lana junk. But I really find the development of Clark's abilities and how he deals with them quite entertaining.

Also, I love how they portray Clark and Lex as friends, and LabRat is right on saying that Lex does make the show. It just keeps me glued to see how they are going to drag Lex to the dark side.

One thing, too, that helps me look past all the stupid teen-angst stuff is that we all know how this story ends. Clark ends up with Lois, so all of the other girls are just fluff.

...Tom Welling doesn't exactly throw off sparks for me on the screen.
Hee! Hee!

OK, I'm an old fogey too, and I'm guessing I'm going through some kind of older-woman/younger-guy thing, but I so much dig Tom Welling as a future Superman. He's got it all for me - the looks, the physique, the kind of innocent "What the heck is going on?" expression. So <sigh> I guess I'm just a voyeur at heart.

So CC - you and I can just get together and gush (awesome premiere!!) wink

Thanks,
Lynn

You know that boy'd walk on water for you? Or he'd drown tryin'. -Perry White to Lois in Just Say Noah