I'm a Superman fan in general, so I faithfully watch Smallville every week, despite some of the changes from the mythos that bother me (don't even get me started on Johnathan Kent's characterization). I had to work last Wednesday so I had a friend tape the premiere for me. I haven't watched it yet, but I'll get it on Monday and I'm *super* excited. laugh

Lex and Chloe are definitely the best things about the show in terms of both the acting and the writing. For anyone who has written off the show solely because there is no Lois, I urge you to watch an ep and see how you like Chloe. You might be surprized.

Pete is also really great, and is extremely under used, imho. So far he's sort of been just a side kick and I'm really hoping that TPTB will wake up and realize that not only is Sam Jones III a great actor, but the fact that Pete Knows could be far more useful and interesting than it has been.

Besides, Smallville can't be a suburb of Metropolis because they're in different states (even if they were close). Metropolis is in New Troy.
From what I've heard about Smallville, Metropolis isn't in New Troy, it's actually in Kansas. That just seems weird to me!
The comics doesn't really specify where Metropolis is except that, iirc (Paul or someone can correct me if I'm wrong) it is usually on a coast. The closest that people can come up with for an exact location is Delaware, but it's open to interpretation. Putting it in Kansas, like Smallville has, is stretching it a little far, but it's not outside the realm of possibilty.

As for Lana's hair, that's also something that canon is wishy-washy on. As has been mentioned, she had brown hair in Superman III (played by Annette O'Toole who now plays Martha Kent on Smallville), and on LnC she had blonde hair. In the comics she had red, brown, and black hair at various points in time, so it's not something that's pinned down at all. In fact, LnC was much farther off canon than Smallville on that point.

As for Everwood and Colin Hart: see here .

~Anna