You know, for a show that's never fired up my interest I'm finding this thread fascinating. goofy

Unlike others, I don't have any real problem with the show changing canon or playing around with the characters, pushing the envelope a little. Anyone remember the howls from the comics purists about the sacrilege and abuse of canon when Lois and Clark first started out? They made changes too. All the time.

And I think that's kind of interesting and partly what keeps they Superman myth so fresh.

I think it would be interesting to see how Lex becomes the Luthor we all love to hate. I always hate villains who are just villains for the sake of it. Everyone has a mother. <G> Finding out how they got to that dark place is often intriguing.

There's a really great fanfic on the Archive (and to my absolute shame I've forgotten the title and author blush ) which charts how Lex became the man he is in LNC from childhood, and I would imagine that the journey of Lex in Smallville would be equally fascinating to watch.

It would also be interesting, I think, to see Clark and Lex start out as friends because it adds another level of pathos and intrigue to the situation they come to in adulthood.

Lana is an irrelevance for me - but then I could never find myself interested in the character in any Superman incarnation, so no surprise there. (Having said that there are a few marvellous fanfic that have made me feel sorry for her.)

Hmmmmmmm....maybe I need to check this out a little more deeply next time I'm channel hopping. wink Or tape it and ff through all the teen angst and get to the intriguing bits. <g>

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers