Yay - another fic!

"I enjoy being with him," she answered slowly as her thumbnail continued to worry at a small dot of ink on the desk. It suddenly felt extremely difficult to put her feelings into words. "He's very charismatic and… I mean, I'd be crazy to turn him down, wouldn't I?"

Trust me, honey, when you have to ask if you would be crazy to turn him down, he's probably not the right guy for you. You want a guy that you *know* you would have to be crazy to turn down.

Somebody like Clark. smile

"He flew me to Milan for dinner." Lois rolled her eyes as if saying it out loud had made her realize just how ostentatious of a gesture that had been. "I didn't know that we were going to Italy. But, you know, once you're on the plane, it's kind of hard to back out."

Yep, creepy stalker vibe alert. It seems romantic now. But wait till he checks on where you're going, puts spyware on your phone, and reads all your mail. frown

"I think you need to seriously consider what kind of a man he is, and if he's the type of person you want to spend the rest of your life with. His money might make some things possible, but it's never going to buy you happiness."

Ah, Clark, that's good advice! Of course, in the words of Ella Fitzgerald (or maybe it was Billie Holiday), "I've been rich and I've been poor, and rich is better." smile

Clark's mouth opened and then closed in amazement. He hadn't been at all surprised by Luthor's transparent maneuvering to dissolve his partnership with Lois. But he did feel oddly mollified by his first assignment.

Why would he be mollified by this assignment? Because it's interviewing a kid? Because the assignment is in Florida? I am not sure what you meant by that.