Hi Sue! [Linked Image] That’s a cute surprise!
PG/PG13ish (mild swearing/intense longing)
LOIS: …and then the Kryptonian prince drifted up the tower to the window where Wanda was waiting for him, her body burning with the heat of a red sun for the moment when she would once again hold him in her arms…Dammit, I must stop getting distracted like that! Let’s see… Wanda put out her cigarette on the dresser top, not caring that she burned another mark into the worn surface. It didn’t matter and anyway, the dresser belonged to Clark — in fact, the entire club did — and once Anton showed up tonight, she would be out of here. Permanently. Then Clark could try and look for another way to get a win, because she sure was out of the business!

[Linked Image] I think the rating kind of got away from me there. Soooo-ry!

That's not the only liberty I'm going to take with the BatP/HoL arc, but I'm sure you'll easily spot the others.
LEX: What do you mean, ‘Nigel shoots me dead right after I propose to Lois Lane’?

so this is going to be rather short on plot,
LEX: [Linked Image]

There's basically nothing but fluff and WAFF and UST ahead.
LOIS: hyper
CAT: razz I much rather have lots of RST instead.

Part 1/12
eek 12 parts of fluff! How can one manage! thud
wink

Lois Lane was lost in thought as she poured a cup of coffee. She very nearly overfilled the mug in her distracted state, but stopped at the last second.
See? That’s why Nestle invented the Nespresso system.
PERRY: Nonsense. One must be able to use newspaper coffee as newspaper ink in a bind.

Not for the first time, she envied Clark's apparent ability to eat anything he wanted without gaining weight.
Metabolism extraordinaire! It can be yours, for just 1.21GW of electrical power!

Unfortunately, the possibility of being unemployed was becoming more and more likely.
I’m sure she’d find work.
SPENCER SPENCER: [Linked Image] There’s always room at the center of my magazine.

The only person in the world that she felt even remotely comfortable talking to about something this personal and momentous was Clark.
What about her mother?
LOIS: [Linked Image]

"Well, it's not the kind of thing that you just blurt out. It takes delicacy--"

"Ah, then you're in a lot of trouble there."
rotflol

"I enjoy being with him,"
Translation: He lets her win.
CLARK: sick

"He's very charismatic and… I mean, I'd be crazy to turn him down, wouldn't I?"
JAPANESE TWINS: [Linked Image]

"Because he's rich. He's handsome. He's Lex Luthor, for god's sake."
Sound like very compelling reasons.
MINDY: [Linked Image]

Lois sat up straighter as his words struck a nerve. "Do you really think I'm that shallow?"
If the glass shoe fits?

"Look, do you want to go somewhere? Get a cup of coffee?"
Really? Asking her to go for a cup of coffee while she’s nursing a cup of coffee?

Lois lifted her still steaming mug and gave him a wry smile. "We just got coffee."
See?
CLARK: huh It always works when I ask the girls in the singles bar over on Third.
RALPH: No, I can confirm that it doesn’t work. At all.

"You're so quiet. Don't you want to hear all the gory details? Like how he asked me?"
Like, how he just sort of blurted it out while they were in bed?
CLARK: shock sick

But, you know, once you're on the plane, it's kind of hard to back out."
JAMES BOND: confused
MARSHAL JOHN KRUGER: [Linked Image]

Lex kept taking and making all these phone calls, buying this and selling that.
Really? Isn’t that like taking your date home and swiping Tinder the entire time while she drives?

And then he got off the phone and suddenly he's talking about how he hoped I'd spend the rest of my life with him. I didn't even believe him at first.
Maybe he just got bad news from the pilot about the plane going to crash in a couple of minutes?

That's when he got down on one knee and presented me with a ring. A big ring. God, that thing must be at least three carats."
And the emeralds around it! They practically glow!

As Clark stirred his coffee, he could feel the sugar dissolving with each swirl of the spoon. He wished his own emotions could be subsumed as rapidly -- that he could just wave his hand and it wouldn't hurt anymore that the woman he loved was in love with someone else.
Maybe if he found the right amount of red Kryptonite…?

"How did he take it?" Clark asked,
Well…she’s still alive for one thing. And she’s not locked up in some harem in the Swiss alps.

It's like he doesn't even know me if he thinks I'd accept that as an answer."
LEX: confused She’s talking like that matters. huh

"I don't want this to sound shallow, Clark, but his wealth is a factor. If I married Lex, I'd never have to worry about money again. With everything going on at the Planet right now, it's definitely a consideration."
MINDY: Sounds perfectly reasonable to me. I’d do a man for a billion dollars. Hell, I’d do a man and his son for a billion dollars.

"I think you need to seriously consider what kind of a man he is, and if he's the type of person you want to spend the rest of your life with. His money might make some things possible, but it's never going to buy you happiness."
But it would be enough to hire, for instance, Joe the Blow. Then she wouldn’t have to be married to him for the rest of her life. Only for the rest of his life.

Finally, he nodded. His voice was barely above a whisper as he said, "Yes."

"How did you know it was love? I mean, what did it feel like?"
Like someone was peeling his fingers and toes with a Kryptonite blade before sending his favorite toy back to his father in a box?

And the last thing he needed was an angry Lois, armed with the truth about Superman, and married to Lex Luthor.
LOIS: May I hit him? Please? Just a we little bit?

"Would you do anything for him?" Clark asked, meeting her eyes again.

"Like what?"
Birthday sex. Dig a bullet out of his shoulder. Wear a flimsy dress and pretend to be his concubine. Stuff like that.

Her eyebrows shot up in amusement. "Her happiness matters more than your own? That's not past tense! You're in love with someone right now! I can't believe you've been holding out on me. Who is she?"
A reporter I met in Metropolis.
LOIS: mad LINDAAAAAAA!

"As far as I know, Superman's not rich, so you can't say I'm shallow."
But he does have a rockin’ bod’. Or so they say.

"I know he's honest. And selfless. And he did say he was in love with me once. I mean, yeah, sure, he was drugged at the time, but that had to have been at least a little true."
Like when she said it to Clark the night before?
LOIS: That’s not…We…I…That’s not what we’re talking about right now.

"You don't see me mocking your sweet tooth, Ms. I-Have-A-Drawer-Full-Of-Chocolate."
It’s because he values breathing.

Clark shook his head emphatically. "There's no such thing as a free lunch."
clap

"Fine," Lois sniffed as Clark held the elevator door for her. "Just don't come crying to me later for relationship advice."
rotflol Yes, that would be helpful rotflol

a hulk of a man dressed all in black was standing to the side of Perry's desk. Luthor's bodyguard was easily seven feet tall, with arms so muscled that they were unable to hang straight at his sides.
[Linked Image]

We're going to begin a series concentrating on voices from outside Metropolis, covered exclusively by Mr. Kent here."
laugh

But he did feel oddly mollified by his first assignment.
He’ll make a wonderful Best Man.

"Owen will take Clark home to pack, and then to the airport.
OWEN: I don’t know how it happened, sir. One moment he was right next to me. The next, I sit down and there’s this squishing sound. You know, like when you sit down on a rat or something.

Don't wait until later! Say something now!
help ?

I'll post once a week until it's done.
Take seven…subtract one…add a week…erm…That’s going to be almost another week!

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.