Woo hoo! More FDK! clap

Feli - Thank you! I see we share the same opinion of Clark's willingness to make Lois happy. smile The next installment will be up on Thursday, and each successive Thursday after that.

Framework4 - Lex was portrayed as pretty clever on the show, or at least, he usually had an ulterior motive (or two) for everything that he did. I'm trying to stay true to that portrayal. Thanks for stopping by. laugh

Michael - Hey, you! I was thrilled to see you pop up in the thread! And then I laughed, because you are, as always, full of wit and snark. And cute emojiis. You always come up with such fun emojiis. thumbsup I laughed hardest at the idea of the ring having "emeralds" circling the main stone (and why hasn't someone written that story?!?), and the list of "anything" that Lois should be willing to do for Lex:
Birthday sex. Dig a bullet out of his shoulder. Wear a flimsy dress and pretend to be his concubine. Stuff like that.
Switch the fiance to Clark and I'm pretty sure the answer would be 'yes' to all of it. Except maybe the birthday hanky panky. We never actually saw that one on the show, so it's pure conjecture whether she'd be game. whistle

I also laughed at the picture of the Mountain as a visual aid for Owen. That's pretty close! In my mind, Owen is clean-shaven, but the height and bulk (and no-nonsense attitude) are dead-on. laugh

Morgana - Yes! Morgana is back! wave
Why is it men can pretty much eat whatever they want and not pay the price for it?
Darn metabolism! It's beyond unfair.

What a sad state of affairs, Lois should have at least one female confidante. Its a real pity Lucy hasn't grown up yet.
Yes, but realizing Clark is her best friend and truest confidante is step one in recognizing that he could be a heck of lot more, too. wink

Voices from outside of Metropolis? on the surface it sounds like a great concept, but wouldn't it be better to start the series someplace closer to home? I guess Luthor wants Clark as far from Lois as possible. This way he knocks out another leg in her personal support system. Clever, without being ruthless - so far.
Yes! That is precisely what Lex is up to -- he's savvy enough to know that Clark isn't going to be encouraging Lois to accept his proposal, and to know that keeping Clark far away will leave Lois in a vulnerable place.

With Owen as Clark's shadow, why do I get the impression that he won't make it to the airport?
I promise, Clark makes it to the airport. Lex wants him out of the way, but he doesn't want him dead… yet. <heh>

Brilliant beginning!
Yeah? blush Thank you!!!

Thank you all for leaving comments! I'm very grateful! sloppy

Lois: You know, I have a funny feeling that you didn't tell me your biggest secret.

Clark: Well, just to put your little mind at ease, Lois, you're right.
Ides of Metropolis