Ahhhh, there's nothing quite like settling in to read some lovely feedback! laugh

groobie - Kind words? Oh, honey, you should have seen the first draft of my acknowledgements. I figured I'd better tone it down or you might figure out that I'm more than a little dazzled by how generous you are with your time and considerable talent. Uh, I mean, I didn't want to embarrass you with how effusive it was. blush

But what a position for him to be in! He can't be honest with her about his feelings, it's tearing him up to have to listen and be that friend for Lois, he has to make sure he's not speaking just out of jealousy, he has to respect her enough to also respect her decision....aaarrrggghhh!
He did say he'd do anything for her, and he truly means it. Anything she wants or needs, he'll do it, even if it means giving up his own chance at happiness. <sniffle>

Cristina - A new personal fave? Squee! And we're just getting started! In a couple more parts all the groundwork will be laid and we can really get into it. clap Thank you!

HiddenMoon - Thanks for the vote of confidence! WAFF is an acronym for "warm and fuzzy feelings." wink So, basically, I plan to have the characters wallow in schmoop. There isn't an nfic version, sorry. tired

Sarah - Yay! Thanks for coming along for the ride! I promise Clark is going to do some extremely fancy footwork before the story is over.
I look forward to seeing her start to miss her time spent with Clark. It might just be a catalyst to make her face her own feelings.
Yeah, absence just might make the heart grow fonder. wink

Thank you, ladies! sloppy

Lois: You know, I have a funny feeling that you didn't tell me your biggest secret.

Clark: Well, just to put your little mind at ease, Lois, you're right.
Ides of Metropolis