Squeeeeee! New Sue fic! party

Awwww, your kind words made me blush. blush Thanks. smile

I love this story - I love how Lois and Clark really talk in this story. If Lucy had stuck around, or if Lois had a solid girl friend to talk through Lex's proposal with, I think the conversation might have gone just like this - an admission that there are things that she genuinely likes about him, but that she's not really in love with him. And a best friend is the person that can poke and prod you, rip through justifications, and make you honestly analyze decisions you're making in your life. For Lois, that person is Clark.

But what a position for him to be in! He can't be honest with her about his feelings, it's tearing him up to have to listen and be that friend for Lois, he has to make sure he's not speaking just out of jealousy, he has to respect her enough to also respect her decision....aaarrrggghhh! sick It's a testament to his character that Clark is there for her through it all anyway, despite his feelings. I hope he knows that patience is a virtue, that she might work through her emotions and really see the man she has overlooked all along.

Lois sat up straighter in indignation. "Successful marriages have been based on a lot less!"

Clark shook his head. "Successful marriages are based on a lot more."
Truer words have never been written! thumbsup

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink