Inspired by KatherineKent’s suggestion
Woo hoo! You're posting. I've been waiting and waiting for this. Yay.

I'm going to have to be careful with my comments, though. Don't want to give anything away!

Lois opened her eyes, closed them again to wipe the sleepers away, and then opened them to verify that yes, indeed, she had woken up before her alarm clock. By two minutes.
I hate that. frown

Kisses to melt her kneecaps?
Can I have some of those?

Instead, she had dreamed of Clark being so one-sided. Could she ever see him being so cardboard? So much like a stereotypical man, instead of the sweet, genuine, caring…
Clark could never be one-sided or stereotypical.

Hmm, I wonder if he really was cardboard in the dream. You know, turn him sideways and you can see the edge ... the cardboard ridges.

Clark would never think like the man in her dream! Certainly, never act like that.
Hmm, I wonder what Clark was doing in this dream. Something, clearly, un-Clark-like. Okay, so instead of sweet, genuine, caring ... he was rude, fake, dismissive?

Then again, the Superman clone had acted a bit like that Clark from her dream.
Ahh, a jerk, only after ... you know.

One: Clark was a true gentleman.
Oh, absolutely. And, by the way, sooo glad you managed to show this throughout the fic.

although, if she stripped for him again, he might take friends with benefits.
lol

Maybe he was as flawed as the Clark in her dream was.
Okay, so the Clark from her dream was only interested in 'looks', not personality and substance. Ahh. No wonder he was cardboard/one-dimensional.

She had thought he was trying to worm his way into her bedroom? Me?

“If I ever gave you the impression that I would… I’m so sorry, Lois, I would never, never invade…”
Clark is such a gentleman, but I wonder if Lois wanted him to want to see inside her bedroom!

She smiled at him. “I know, Clark, that’s just what I thought.”
And even though she's smiling I think there is disappointment inside her heart.

“My Uncle Mike’s Café Americana is over on the Southside
Ummm, the ominous drums are playing in my head ... Mayson is on the horizon, isn't she?

“No, what’s with the smile?” Lois probed, pointing at his face.

“I can’t smile?”
Clark's smiling ... just cause it's a nice day, and just cause he's with Lois, and so many other lovely things, but Lois thinks he smiling because of the blonde - I guess.

Clark had stopped to help a couple of Norwegian tourists find their way to their hotel
Clark being gentlemanly again! Lois will get rather fed up ... and I notice something of a pattern emerging ... but gonna keep my lips sealed.

Did you find Linda King attractive?
Okay Lois has mentioned at least four woman from Clark's past who have shown interest in him ... for someone who had little respect for her partner when they first met she sure took notice of who took notice of him.

Tonight! Yes, Lois would stop by his apartment tonight after all this craziness had calmed down, and she would tell Clark that she loved him.
Woo Hoo. Lois should definitely tell him how she feels. And it's bound to go completely without hitch. Why would anything ever go wrong?

Fantastic first part Virginia. Can't wait for the rest.

KatherineKent/Victoria
Lois: "You put up with me for the same reason I put up with you. It's because I'm completely in love with you."
Clark: "And I love you ... Did we just make up?"
Lois: "I think so."