He would follow her to the moon if she asked, and she knew it.
They’d have to find a thunderstorm first.

“You still owe me for your losses at the poker table.”
Maybe they should play for bigger chunks of cotton-enhanced materials than your typical 10-dollar bill.
CAT: [Linked Image]

Bet she isn’t thinking that ‘blondes have more fun,’ now, Lois thought to herself.
Catty, huh? She could still have had more fun before…

“Good thing you’ll be right there to catch them for us, then,” he replied. “Partner.”
Thin ice there, Clark.

“Just see to it that I’m not stuck doing all the heavy lifting,” she retorted.
Clark smiled at her in that way he did as if he found something funny in what she said.
Like so: laugh ?

“I’ll be sure hold up my end,” he assured her.
“What?”
“I’ll be sure…”
“...to hold up your end”?
LOIS: Did he just refer to…splat

Instead of disappearing, his smile only grew larger, more radiate, as if harnessing the power of the sun.
CLARK: [Linked Image]

She hated it when he avoided her questions with questions. She was a reporter. She knew what he was doing.
Doing a report on the little Earth woman to send back to his handlers on Krypton?

Clark had stopped to help a couple of Norwegian tourists find their way to their hotel.
clap Sounds so perfectly harmless…

The man had been more places in the world and had a better ear for languages than Superman had.
Not really…no.

She looked this pair of tourists over and wondered if Clark had volunteered to help just because he could speak their language or because they were blonde, buxom co-eds, who didn’t realize that shorty-shorts weren’t appropriate in Metropolis in autumn, or ever.
Meeeeooooowwww! Also TVTropes: http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/NorseByNorsewest

It seemed that even her partner wasn’t immune to feminine wiles.
The question was why didn’t he notice hers?
Awww…Lois thinks she has feminine wiles evil

The co-eds smiled, waved, and said something that sounded an awful lot like a recommendation for a date to Lois’s ears before they walked on.
Like Anya did with Xander in Buffy episode ‘Hush’?
[Linked Image]
There’s also an animated version…
http://imageserver.moviepilot.com/anya-sex-buffy-the-vampire-slayer-hush-a-detailed-review.gif

“What nice girls,” Clark said to Lois, rejoining her to wait for the pedestrian crossing to change again.
rotflol

“Clark, can we just get one thing straight? If they’re old enough for you to date, they’re ‘women’ not ‘girls’,” Lois corrected, starting across the street despite the red hand.
[Linked Image]

“They’re nineteen, and only just graduated from high school, Lois. Certainly not old enough for me to date; therefore, ‘girls’ was the right word,” he said
Trying to dodge a bullet?

“Jimmy’s twenty-one, and therefore they would fall within five years of his age.
Actually…
[Linked Image]
Still…Clark’s 28 so his dating pool starts at 20, making them still girls either way. But Lois would fall smack in the middle.

“Plus, he values his health.”
[Linked Image]

Sometimes, she just wanted to clobber that man, she thought, jerking her elbow away from him. Maybe it would knock some sense into him.
Also, it could lead to a make-out session.

Then she continued before he could do more than nod. “Twenty-four year old women ‘girls’.”
“College girls gone wild”? peep

You’re right, and I’m sorry.”
Her step perked up at this acknowledgement.
hyper

. “It’s best that they went to their hotel room to change, since someone obviously had stolen their clothes.”
Extremly catty. I’d say there’s a lot of girls standing around on street corners that are dressed just like those women.

Suddenly, he knew what was wrong. “Were you jealous of those women?”
“Those girls?” Lois scoffed. “Hardly.”
laugh I thought she’d decided they’re women. She really does want it both ways, doesn’t she?

“I’ll admit that Toni Taylor irked me, but I was not jealous!” Lois insisted.
Riiiight.
LOIS: See? He said I’m right.

It was just a cover, Lois, just as you weren’t really interested in Stoke,” he reminded her.
Well…Lois sure looked the part when she tried to get with Stoke.

“Who? That other Toni?” At his confused expression, she continued. “Dr. Antoinette Baines?”
laugh

“What was I supposed to do? Head butt her?”
[Linked Image]

Okay, he’d grant that argument, if his head butt wouldn’t have knocked Dr. Baines’s skull across the room.
He could have moderated, couldn’t he have.

“I bet if Miranda hadn’t sprayed the whole newsroom with Revenge, you would’ve been plying her with ideas of playing hooky.”
But…but…she’s over 40!

“Well, you’re a broken record,” Lois retorted and marched off. “Always repeating yourself!”
Huh?
Calling her jealous.

“Why don’t you try something new for a change?”
Not calling her jealous?

He would give her a few minutes to cool off as he tried to figure out what exactly was bothering her this time.
But what if she gets kidnapped over there?

He doubted he would ever truly understand Lois, but, oh, what fun he would have trying.
Or die in the process…

Perhaps it meant that she was giving him a second look from over the edge of the rock wall surrounding her heart.
LOIS: peep

The question was would she like what she saw?
LOIS: [Linked Image]

Just because I thought Linda was pretty doesn’t mean I would have ever made a move on her.
RALPH: confused

she said, interrupting him before he went on praising Linda King’s so-called good looks.
laugh

“You better go wash that out or it’ll stain,” she said. It would be a shame to ruin one of his more somber ties.
clap

. As soon as he was out of sight, she took a big bite of her chocolate raspberry torte and moaned with a satisfaction usually reserved for Clark Kent and Superman kisses.
One might think she did it on purpose to get him out of there.

. Isn’t Linda King that girl who stole your story in college?” Uncle Mike asked.
Oh-oh. He called her a girl.
MIKE LANE: Hey! She’s outside my acceptable dating pool, thus I can call her a girl!

An explosion erupted in the kitchen and before either of them could react, Superman was there blowing it out.
He must be stalking her.

She had sent him inside to use the restroom. Oh, God! What have I done?
Sent him to meet a bomb?

“Where have you been?” she snapped, taking out her leftover anxiety on him. He could have died.
Isn’t she appreciative of him? smile1

He nodded to the man, swearing up a blue streak from his position at the dumpster.
Of course he’s swearing about the boyscout in blue streaking.

“It’s not her fault if the city doesn’t have the resources,” Clark began, defending a woman he hadn’t even met.
Couldn’t they outsource the call center to India like they do with software support?

She should really tell him. She opened her mouth.
“9-1-1. What is your emergency?” a voice said into her ear and she realized she had still been waiting on hold.
Well, perhaps this wasn’t the best moment to bring up how much she loved Clark.
Lois Lane is in love and willing to admit it. The world must be ending. I think end of the world classifies as an emergency, don’t you think?

He would just assume it was motivated by the bomb, which it wasn’t.
laugh

Superman was able to put out the fire and catch the suspect, but we need an officer here to do the actual arresting,”
OPERATOR: So, you’re not in any present danger, then?

No, she couldn’t tell Clark this at the office. Too many people.
RALPH: wave

. Too many interruptions.
JIMMY: wave

Not enough privacy.
PERRY: wave

Tonight! Yes, Lois would stop by his apartment tonight after all this craziness had calmed down, and she would tell Clark that she loved him.
MAYSON: wave

This was great fun. Just lighthearted fluff. Simply adorable!

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.