My first name is Patricia and I have heard that my great grandmother tried to get my mom to call me "Tricia" after Richard Nixon's daughter, but my grandfather, whom I loved and respected utterly when he was alive, grouchily told his mother-in-law to shove off, they were dubbing me "Patty".

EEEEYCH!!! How horrible!! I grew up my first 18 years of life with "Patty" and no wonder I am emotionally disturbed now; Cowpatty, hamburger patty, Peppermint Patty, yuck yuck yuck!!

So when I started voting I THOUGHT I'd vote the way my parents voted. Then I learned about taxes, and found out the group that wants to use them the most was responsible for the huge cut in my paycheck. Twice during my military service I heard threats of inability to pay may paycheck because the military was being cut.
These things were extremely precise in turning me against the party in charge at the time.

Thus I now vote the way my wallet goes. Horribly selfish I know, but I'm too practical and logical to go along with any other party that lacks these qualities and insists on calling me "Patty".

TEEEEEEEEEJ