Thanks for the answers, Lynn and Kathy. thumbsup

LabRat, I can't think of an instance when someone would have their political party changed for them -- that's something you do yourself, if you choose to do it at all.
Yes, that's what I thought. Because that kind of makes sense, you would think.

This was an article on how some voters had belatedly discovered in the past couple of weeks that their registration had been changed from one party to another, without them having been aware of it till then. I think many of them were students? I can't track down the article again or remember where it was. But it was seen as part of the dirty tricks campaigns doing the rounds - like the flyers and phone calls in black neighbourhoods trying to tell people it was illegal for them to vote in certain circumstances, like if they were behind on paying rent or had a traffic ticket. And I couldn't understand how someone from a particular party could change a registration.

Have to say I understand it even less now if this is party affiliated registrations and not general voting registrations! Or what the motivation would be and what it would gain anyone. huh Doesn't seem to make much sense really.

I'll try and find the article again as my memory is (as usual these days) quite hazy on the details.

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers