Let's see. The whole listing of LMA's Little Women series is actually several series, but I've seen it listed as such. First is Little Women, then Little Men, then Jo's Boys. Eight Cousins and Rose In Bloom are part of another series. The other books all stand alone.

I've read the Narnia books both ways. To me, it makes more sense to read Magician's Nephew after Lion, because then you go "Oh, THAT'S who the Professor is!" Then again, it's a little easier to read chronologically, since Horse and His Boy takes place in the middle of Lion. I guess it depends on personal preference. wink I have to get new copies, as my current copies met a disastrous fate at the hands of terrible high school kids. I loved the live-action series, but its hard to find it on.

I've also read the Harry Potter series (forgot to add them since I've only had the books for a year and a half, read 3 times, and need to get them back from a friend laugh ) and have pre-ordered the 5th one, but only a few weeks ago.

I'd completely forgotten about the Emily series. I'm going to have to get those now, because I don't think I have them. Also on my list of books to get are the Pollyanna series and the Little Colonel series. My grandmother has the older editions (turn of the century for the most part) and I would love to find similar copies. I might have to settle for paperback, though. I also have almost the whole Little House series, but I don't like them as much as I do LMA and LMM.

BTW, Elena, kudos for reading Crime and Punishment. I read it in 10th grade for a knowledge bowl, and thought that reading it *was* a crime and a punishment. It took me a whole month to read that book, when at that time I was reading a book that size in about 2-3 days. It just didn't hold my interest, so I would read a few pages, read another book, read a few pages, read a few other books.. laugh

Oh, I also want to add Stephen King's The Stand. Most of his books have a tendency to depress me within 2 chapters, but this is one that I keep coming to.. even though the author's extended version is a lil more disturbing than the first print.

"You need me. You wouldn't be much of a hero without a villain. And you do love being the hero, don't you. The cheering children, the swooning women, you love it so much, it's made you my most reliable accomplice." -- Lex Luthor to Superman, Question Authority, Justice League Unlimited