I just finished reading A Little Princess in French (I bought it over there and yes, it's taken me a year to read it...but I did lose it for about 8 months of that <g>). And while I was in the midst of happy sighs of bliss (what can I say? I love the book), I looked up at my sister and said, "I love this book." (Well, actually I said, "Que j'aime ce livre" and then she gave me a dirty look because she doesn't speak French and I kindly translated for her. :p )

And then I said something about how I can't even count the number of times I've read it.

But I always love coming back to it.

As a writer, I look at some of the things in there as not the best -- whether it be with the prose or the plot -- and yet, I love it. Absolutely and unequivocally love it.

So, I was wondering (and no, Labby, you don't have to limit it to one goofy ) if anyone else had any special books like that. Ones that are like slipping on an old, soft pair of jeans and fuzzy socks and a baggy sweatshirt -- they're just plain good.

Any takers? And hey, maybe it'll give us all some good book recommendations/reminders. laugh

Bethy

I don't suffer from insanity...I enjoy every minute of it.