Originally posted by Elisabeth:
For me writing process is probably different than it is for most other FOLCs since I tend to mentally write sections long before I ever officially write them. Most of my mental writing is either done in the shower (on the days the kids haven't run me out of hot water) in the morning or in bed as I drift off to sleep. What I hate most is when I get the scene written just perfectly at bedtime and I can't remember the wording in the morning. I get pretty snippy at the world in general.
That's my world too. I've had ideas come to me in the middle of the night that I know were GOOD but then can't remember them. But I write in my head in the car driving kids around, making lunch, shower, trying to go back to sleep after being up with DS, etc. I've lost more than one perfect scene to sleep *sigh*. I've also lost more than one perfect scene to exhaustion - where I simply can't remember it 15 minutes later because I can barely remember my name by that point - does that make sense?

I guess I didn't really think about it this way... but often times a sentence or something in another fic will spawn something. Something Lois thought in my Nano fic the other day spawned two plot bunnies - one of which has several pages written already.

Carol