How could I not recognise it sooner?!? It's Recognition (Truth), by Carol Malo.

Here's another one:

'I love this plan,' thought Lois, pressing herself against Clark's side. He put his arm around her shoulders and she reached up and gave him a quick, giggly, flirty kiss. She smiled delightedly and rested her hand on his thigh, just above his knee. He looked so *hot* in those tight jeans and t-shirt.

Clark could sense that Cat was looking at them. He knew that she had seen them go to the booth. He tilted his head slightly downward and whispered into her ear, just touching it with his lips. "She's watching us."

Lois smiled sexily, as if he'd said something romantic. She reached her other hand over and traced a line from his ear to his chin, her lips close to his. "Great," she murmured. "Wanna get something to eat?" She brushed her lips against his, gently, almost teasingly. He leaned in closer for a harder kiss. "Or not..." The words were almost too mumbled for even Clark to hear. She gave a soft moan of pleasure, which Clark echoed with his own before gently pulling away from her.

Cat watched in shock as the two reporters touched, kissed, giggled, and flirted. She had thought that Lois was with Lex. The two were practically *engaged*! And now here she was with Clark, looking *extremely* friendly for just "best friends". What had happened with Lex, Metropolis' most eligible bachelor? What a... scandal. Cat smiled, and listened carefully, trying to hear snitches of the conversation.

"So, how's... Lex?" Clark asked.

"Mmmm. Not nearly as good as you," Lois replied saucily, tasting his mouth again, as their food hadn't arrived yet. "He's such a boring old man."

"Not your type?"

"Naw," she said offhandedly. "I need a more...masculine, young, good-looking guy. Maybe someone who's really good with his hands..." She trailed off as Clark feathered kisses onto her neck. "Know anyone...mmmm... who fits the... oooh... bill?" she asked, tilting her head to the side to give him better access.

"Maybe," he murmured, his voice sexy and deep in her ear. "And I think he's... free tonight..."
Kaethel smile

- I'm your partner. I'm your friend.
- Is that what we are?
- Oh, you know what? I don't know what we are. We kiss and then we never talk about it. We nearly die frozen in each other's arms, but we never talk about it, so no, I got no clue what we are.

~ Rick Castle and Kate Beckett ~ Knockout ~