Lost and Found, by Jeff Brodgen!

Clark growled playfully and leaned forward to envelop her in a hug. He pulled her back down with him onto the bed. He leaned back on his elbow, watching her compose herself, before leaning forward and pressing his lips against hers in a quick moment of passion. When he broke off, he found Lois smiling at him.

"You know, it's really hard to win an argument when you do that."

"Oh?" Clark asked innocently.

"*Don't* give me those puppy-dog eyes. You know I can never resist them."

"Do you really want to?"

Lois pretended to think for a moment, and Clark leaned forward again, placing his hand behind her neck and pulling her forward. Their lips met again, and this time they lingered. Lois responded to him as her hand went up to the back of his neck and dove into his hair. He felt her moan slightly against his mouth, and the sound drove him wild. He rolled over onto his back, pulling her with him, feeling her against his bare skin, running his hands over her T-shirted back.

Her scent, her taste, the feel of her body was intoxicating. The feel of her tongue against his and her moans and caresses were driving him crazy with passion. He was lightheaded from the intensity of the kiss.

Suddenly, to his alarm, breathing became harder and harder until he finally had to break away from Lois, struggling for breath. His muscles were straining, and soon they were too tired to hold him up.

Hold him up?

He and Lois crashed onto the bed, falling several feet from the ceiling. Clark held onto her tightly to his chest so that she wouldn't be injured. Between gasps for air, he wondered how they had gotten up onto the ceiling. Actually, the 'how' was obvious, the 'why' was a bit stranger.

He froze when he saw Lois's shoulders shaking. Her face was buried against him, but she was making muffled noises. God, what had he done?

"Lois?" he said softly, willing her not to be hurt. He didn't think he would be able to stand it if she were hurt.

When she looked up, Clark was completely taken aback. Her face held a huge grin, and her eyes were closed. Her body was wracked with silent laughter. Finally, she drew in a deep breath. Then she was laughing out loud, harder than Clark had heard her in a long time.

"Clark!" she gasped out between laughter. "We were *floating*! And then...you fell! Did you do that on purpose?"

Clark shook his head, joining in on her laughter. "No, sometimes I float unintentionally when I feel... passionate about something." He paused for a moment, waiting for her to calm herself. "I thought you were hurt, Lois!"
Kaethel smile

- I'm your partner. I'm your friend.
- Is that what we are?
- Oh, you know what? I don't know what we are. We kiss and then we never talk about it. We nearly die frozen in each other's arms, but we never talk about it, so no, I got no clue what we are.

~ Rick Castle and Kate Beckett ~ Knockout ~