Okay, you guys have kept me busy for far too long, reading this thread from start to finish and DLing all the stories that I now *have* to read wink !

Aha! Christy Landrum's The Hand That Rocks - and if there's anyone who hasn't read it, RUN!!!
So anyway, the answer is: Missing You by Kaytee Shultz. And now...from a very cute short story that I love...

Her stomach had done a strange flipflop. A voice inside had told her to back out, pretend it was just a joke. But then they'd been behind the building, in a grassy area under a tree, and Clark had backed her against a wall, one arm
above her head to brace himself. His lips had been inches from hers as he'd said in a husky voice, "Ready?"

She had barely been able to nod her head. In an instant, his lips had met hers and rational thought seemed to leave her. Vaguely, she'd been aware of some kind of meltdown inside her mind and body and had marvelled that such a thing was not just a romance writer's invention.

Finally they'd come apart, breathless. But not far apart. It couldn't have been far apart because in a heartbeat they'd reconnected. This time, Clark had pulled her in tight against him with his hand on her back, while his other hand had tangled in her hair. Her own hands had been inside his sportscoat, wrapped around him, feeling the muscles of his back.

Lois found herself remembering his smell, clean but male, remembering how hard his body felt against hers. Her body was experiencing a kind of tingling power surge that she had only known hints of before.

Now, as she lay in bed remembering, she could feel that tingle again. The memory of it was more exciting than the memory of Superman's kiss, she realized with a shock. Kissing Clark had left her raw with desire for more. Even now, part of her was dying to be in his arms again, thinking up possible scenarios for another encounter.
Sara (who is apparently running from Wendy. "But it's not my fault...I'm still reading Masques!" thumbsup )

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.